The Aftermath

The scalding water was burning my skin at this point, but I made no movement to get out of the bath. Kacchan was in the kitchen and living room, cleaning up my mess. I told him not to, but I could hear him sweeping up the glass anyway. I tried calming down, I tried screaming into a pillow, and I tried punching the pillow. Nothing calmed me down until I threw a dish across the room. After I figured out that was something that would calm me down, I continued doing it. I broke every dish in this house, tipped the furniture, and knocked the pictures off the walls.

I did anything and everything to release the anger I had. It resulted in me destroying my home, but I finally felt calm. Kacchan tried to stop me, but I kept ignoring him. I just kept going anyway. After that, I had another breakdown and fell to the floor crying. It released my anger, but the sadness came back. After I was done crying in Kacchans arms, the sadness was gone too. I'm now sitting in my bathtub, feeling absolutely defeated, almost numb.

Kacchan asked me if I wanted him to stay, but I said no. I didn't want anyone to cheer me up right now. I wanted to feel whatever the hell I needed to feel to move past this. So after helping me clean up from our bathroom activities earlier, he left me alone. I told him not to clean anything, but he obviously wasn't listening. I'm not sure how long I've been in the bathtub at this point. I've refilled the bath water four times because it kept cooling off, and I know I have to get out eventually. I have to clean this place before Iida and Uraraka gets here. They don't deserve to come home to this.

I grabbed the plug, pulling it out of the drain. I heard more glass shifting before the dustpan hit the ground in the kitchen. I pulled myself out of the water, reaching for my towel around the corner. Before I could grab it, Kacchan walked in with a new towel in his hands. He wrapped it around me quickly when I stepped out of the shower.

"Finally done?" He asked with a sad smile.

"I'm not sure how long I was in there." I shrugged, leaning against his chest. I was probably getting his shirt all wet, but he didn't seem to mind.

"An hour and a half." He informed, hugging me tightly.

"Iida and Uraraka aren't home yet?" I asked. I assumed they would have ran out right behind me.

"They're on their way home now. They apparently kept everyone from leaving while doing a proper investigation. They decided to stick around for the top ten heroes before coming back." He explained. I pulled away from his chest. If they were coming home soon, I had a lot of work to do.

"Let me get dressed, and I'll go clean up." I said, walking out of the bathroom. "Why don't you go ahead and shower?"

"I'll shower later." He shrugged. "I'll help you clean up."

"Kacchan, I destroyed our home." I said with a sad smile. "It's my mess. You do not have to help." He stood in the doorframe with his arms crossed as I dug through my dresser. I grabbed sweatpants and a pair of boxers.

"If you don't want me to, or if you need your space, that's fine. However, I want to help if that's okay." He's been treating me like I was made of glass since we got home, and I obviously understand why. However, this was the first time I didn't hate it. I never felt like I was going to fall and break at any moment, but that's all I'm feeling right now.

"I would appreciate it, Kacchan." I smiled softly, pulling my clothes up my body. "Can I borrow a shirt?" I asked. I had plenty of clean clothes, but I wanted his. I'm not sure what detergent he uses or what cologne he wears, but I love it. The smell of caramel and firewood quickly became my favorite smell in the world.

"Do you want a baggy one or a normal one?" He asked with a smirk, walking over to the closet. He loved seeing me in his clothes as much as I loved wearing them.