Nine

"Hey." I smiled into the camera on my phone. It was time for a daily check-in, and Uraraka decided to video chat me instead. I didn't realize how much I would miss them. It's only been four days, but that was four days without them. It's rare that I don't see them, so I'm not used to it.

"Hey!" She cheered happily. "Looks like you're having a good time." She smirked. I looked down, realizing I wasn't wearing a shirt. I should have put one on before answering this call. Kacchan has not been gentle with me since the day we got here.

"Moving on." I awkwardly scratched the back of my neck. "How are things going back home?" I ask. "Any news?" Kaminari's smile fell when I asked that question.

"Hey Kaminari, do you want to go grab a cup of coffee with me?" Iida asked, standing from the table they were seated at. Kaminari nodded his head, following Iida out of the room. Hatari and Uraraka waited until they were gone before continuing their conversation with me.

"Jiro was murdered today." Hatari informed. "We've been going over the report and scene, trying to gather evidence."

"Shit." I groaned. I didn't want to have to tell Kacchan another one of his friends had been murdered. "What happened to the guards that were watching you guys?" I asked. "Was it during a patrol?"

"She was going to a birthday party for some kid she saved last week." Uraraka frowned. Jiro was always doing stuff like that. She loved working with kids and being around them. "Endeavor and Hawks were with her, but they got called away for an emergency."

"Who called them away, and what was the emergency?" I asked. Everyone knows that we aren't supposed to be alone, so why the hell did they leave her alone?

"Somebody from class B." Hatari informed, shuffling through a stack of papers on the desk. "They were apparently fighting the U.A. Killer, but they were dead when they arrived. They immediately turned and ran back for Jiro, but she was dead when they got there."

"Who died in class B?" I asked, reaching for the notepad on the counter.

"Who didn't die would be a better question." Uraraka sighed.

"You guys were supposed to call me when someone died." I groaned. This is why I didn't want to leave. I needed to be there to be in the loop.

"Boss, you don't understand." Hatari said, grabbing my attention once more. "Nobody died until today."

"So he's been really busy today?" I asked. What is today? Is there a significance? He's going to run out of people months before I die.

"There are only three people from class B left." My eyes widened. Three? Only three?

"Where's Kendo?" I asked. I didn't want to sound insensitive to the other members of class B, but she was employed at my agency. She was one of my friends and fellow co-workers.

"She's downstairs with the work-study students." I let out a sigh of relief. "Who else is left?"

"Monoma and Tetsutetsu." I let out a shaky breath. Is it a coincidence that Monoma was still alive?

"Monoma is going out of town on Monday." Hatari said, flipping through the papers in front of him.

"He's going out of town the day Kacchan and I come home?" I asked with a cocked eyebrow. "What are the odds that he's leaving town and the killings stop?"

"If they do, we need to bring him in for questioning," Uraraka said. "He's killed so many people today, I don't know what his next plan of action is." I turned my head when the bedroom doors opened behind me.

"What's going on?" He asked, crossing the room in his boxers. Thankfully, the camera wasn't able to see that.

"There were a few more murders today." I informed with a frown.