The Life I Want

"No fair!" Kaminari whined as he grabbed four cards from the draw pile in the center of the table.

"I'm not sorry." Hatari laughed. We've been bullying Kaminari since we started playing Uno. We've been skipping him, reversing the order, and giving him plenty of draw cards. He has to have at least thirty cards in his hand right now.

It's been two weeks since I got out of the hospital, and everything has been perfect. I haven't had any more bad days, the commission is off my ass, and the U.A. Killer hasn't claimed anybody. It's been a chill two weeks with my friends. I wrote a new bucket list, and Kacchan has been doing everything in his power to make sure we get through the whole thing.

Game nights like this with our friends are a must. It's on my bucket list to do this once a week until I die. We also do something else on my bucket list every week that they're here. Last week, Kacchan got a blank puzzle that we all took turns painting. The reference photo was a photo of the six of us. Some of it looks great, and some of it looks terrible. However, it's still proudly on display by the front door.

"Uno!" Hatari yelled while smiling innocently at Kaminari. Kaminari kept his cool, until Hatari won the game during his next turn. He dropped his cards on the table with a groan.

"Okay, we're not playing this next week." He pouted. He wasn't usually a sore loser, but we really have been bullying him today.

"You can pick the game for next week." I laughed lightly. I began collecting the cards and putting them back in the box. Kacchan said we had something else to do today, so we're wrapping up the games a little earlier than usual.

"What's next?" Uraraka asked.

"Hold on." Kacchan replied as he walked to the counter and grabbed the giant box that had been sitting there since yesterday. He told us not to look inside, so we had no idea what it was. I looked through my bucket list and tried to figure out what it could have been, but I didn't have any luck.

"We're building a castle." He informed as he set the box on the table. I laughed loudly while everyone looked back and forth between us in confusion. "Deku said he wanted to build a castle out of gingerbread, so that's what we're doing tonight." By the time Christmas rolls around, I probably won't be able to do a whole lot. I originally wanted to do simple gingerbread houses around then, but I decided building a castle with my friends would be more fun.

"A whole ass castle?" Hatari laughed while Kacchan began laying everything on the table.

"I even have fondu and candy flowers so we can decorate it." He laughed lightly, handing me a small pack of the candy flowers.

"Why flowers?" Uraraka asked.

"Have you ever seen a castle without a garden?" I replied simply. Kacchan set it back on the counter when the box was emptied, and we sorted through the pieces. It didn't take long to decide that Kaminari and Hatari would build the roof and towers, Uraraka and Iida would make the base, and Kacchan and I would work on the garden.

"Thank you." I whispered to my amazing husband when everyone drifted into their own conversations.

"Of course." He smiled. "I'll do anything for you. You know that."

"I know. I just need to remind you how amazing you are sometimes." I laughed as we continued working on the garden. We used a piece of gingerbread for the base, green fondu on top of the base, and drizzled some frosting along the edges to match what the rest of the castle would look like. When we got to the last step of putting the flowers on, we started talking about our weekend plans.

We saw our parents last weekend, so this is our alone weekend. We were torn between driving a few hours out for a beach weekend or going to a cabin a few hours out. The cabin would be more secluded, and we could hike the trails and hang out in the hot tub. The beach, however, would allow me to see Kacchan shirtless the entire weekend. Either way was a win-win.