Six Months

⚠️SMUT⚠️

"Six months already?" I frowned while signing my new paperwork for my DNR. "Time flies by."

"Yeah, it does." My doctor whispered. With every passing day, everyone in my life got more sad about me. "You've only got a few more months left in your hero work."

"What do you mean?" He took the clipboard away from me and set it on the sink. He sat next to me on the edge of the bed with a sigh.

"With how much everything is spreading, you're going to be running out of stamina. You're going to start having more bad days that will eventually start outweighing the good days." I kept my eyes focused on him, not daring to look at Kacchan. If I were to see a sad look on his face, I would stop the doctor right now. However, I needed to be prepared for this.

"Keep going." I whispered.

"You already know most of what is going to happen. You just need to start being prepared for it."

"What about when he passes out?" Kacchan asked. "When should I call an ambulance?"

"At this point, every time." I opened my mouth to reject, but he held his hand up to stop me. "Even if you only pass out for a few seconds, you must get checked out."

"The commissions will have a field day with that." I groaned. They were still pressing me to retire; they were practically waiting for me to make a mistake or start visiting the doctors more than they deemed necessary.

"Call me then. I'll come to wherever you are. If it is any longer than two minutes, call an ambulance." He sighed. There's no point in fighting with him or Kacchan.

"I'm going to add a few more prescriptions. I'll ask the pharmacy for a printout on each one." He pushed himself from the bed.

"Anything else?" I asked.

"Yes, but I don't know if I trust you to tell me the truth, so I'm going to ask your husband." I rolled my eyes, knowing he was probably right.

"What's up?" Kacchan asked as he stood from his seat.

"Has he been eating three full meals a day?" I wouldn't have had to lie to that question.

"Yeah, I make sure he eats three full meals a day, plus a snack. Why?" Kacchan questioned as he grabbed his keys from his pocket.

"Midoriya, you're losing weight too fast." My doctor sighed.

"Is that a problem?" I asked. It was expected as I got closer to my expiration date.

"Is he keeping all of the food down?" This is the part where I would have lied to him.

"No. He usually throws most of it up." Kacchan confirmed.

"Cut all of your meals in half and see if you can keep them down that way. Instead of eating three large meals, eat four or five small ones. As soon as you feel full, stop eating. Let your food digest before doing anything physical. Call me if you're still struggling to keep your food down in a few days. You will continue to lose your stamina and strength if you lose weight this fast." I nodded my head as Kacchan made his way to me. He grabbed my hand and pulled me to my feet.

"How much longer do you think I'll continue to be able to work?" It's the one question I've always avoided asking. I never wanted a definite timeline for it.

"I'll say maybe three more months. Around Christmas time if you're lucky. However, I fear you working that long will shorten your life span. I want you to stop working before Halloween."

"The end of next month?" I scoffed. "No way in hell."

"I'm not asking you to make a decision now or anything like that, but I do want you to think about retiring soon, Midoriya."