Dead lake

It was dark by now and also cold. At least for Per, although he says something different. We both were walking behind the others and they weren't able to hear us which is why we could talk about everything with out them screaming 'ohhhh lovebirds'. I mean, yeah they were kind of right because I did in fact like Per.

A lot actually.

But at the same time it was just annoying, considering we've only known each other for a week and I did not want him to find out about the things going on inside of my head. About those feelings I've been feeling for the past week. About the confusion.

"Do you regret it now, not taking your jacket with you?" I asked and immediately got a death stare from him. "I already said, I'm not cold." he spoke, shivering.

"yes of course. I mean your read nose and cheeks are completely normal, especially because you're normally pale as fuck." "come on fuck off" "You wanna have my jacket? I still have a hoodie on" I offered.

"what?" "do you want to have my jacket" I repeated slower that the first time, "It's literally so obvious that you're freezing." "If I'd say no you'd give it to me anyways, am I right?" "Yes"

I would indeed still give it to him. I mean I didn't want him to be sick next week. Especially not on Friday night. Not on the night of the ball.

Per sighted and I took off my black jacket, handing it to him.

"isn't this much better?" I asked, after he put on the jacket, exactly knowing the answer. "maybe"

Eli: "So, if you look to your right you can see a path leading down the stairs and above the roofs of the few houses down there you are able to see a bit of the 'dead lake'

Eli: "So, if you look to your right you can see a path leading down the stairs and above the roofs of the few houses down there you are able to see a bit of the 'dead lake'. It's called like that because a lot of times the ashes of a dead person who got burned gets thrown into it after a funeral. But it's also called stairway to heaven to give each person who's about to die here hope. You can call it however you want" "That sounds interesting to be honest. Can we quickly go down there?" Per asked and stopped walking.

"It's just a normal lake though" Laura spoke, completely uninterested. "If you want to I can go with you while the others continue to walk around. I can call or message you when we're coming back again so that you can tell me where you guys are, if that's okay" I suggested, looking at my two friends. "Sure! Do you want to go with them, Cos? Or do you stay with us" Nik asked and quickly got a head shake from the boy.

"Okay then. See you guys later!" I said before walking down the stairs, Per following me.

"Oh I can't wait to climb these stairs back up again and die over and over during it. How lovely" I groaned with sarcasm in my voice. "Ill make sure that you won't die, don't worry" he replied and not even two seconds after, i felt his warm hand on my shoulder.

The last sunbeams disappeared just as we reached the lake. „It's beautiful down here. The others are definitely missing something" he exclaimed laughing and turned in a circle while looking at his surroundings.