nightmares

I suddenly woke up sweating, my heart was beating unusually fast and it felt like I couldn't move. My ears were ringing or 50 persons were screaming directly in my ear - there was no difference.

I laid on my back on something hard, like wood, and all I could do was stare at the ceiling. The moonlight was shining through a small window, lighting up my face and what looked like a small room of a typical cabin in a forest. What the fuck was going on.

"You didn't listen to me y/n y/l/n. You're in love with somebody who is no good. You will regret being with him in a few weeks, trust me. If he betrays you, I can kill him if you just let me~" a shadow suddenly said. A shadow I could barely see in the corner of my eye.

The familiar uncomfortable feeling crawled up my back and slowly covered my whole body, leaving cold spots everywhere. Like a blanket, filled with weights in stead of feathers, it held me down and pinned me to the floor.

"Stop it" I managed to spit out and tried my best to move but all that happened was the shadow coming closer. It outlined a tall person with fuzzy hair. They wore a dark ripped robe, which hung til their ankles and covered a pair of dirty legs.

"Such a precious young man/lady deserves way better than just a weak fire ghoul. Come and join me and my lord. He would love having you in his team~" they whispered and the voice hurt my ears. Like someone scratched my eardrums from the inside.

"Who are you and what do you want" I asked with flexed jaw while waves of pain floated through my body.

"I want you~" the creature said and stepped into the light, revealing the grey - black striped robe, like those that they wear in prison, and dirty hands with long, sharp fingernails. Another thing that stood out to me is that they had no shoes on and the feet looked exactly like the rest of uncovered the body. Full of mud and dirt.

The only part thats was still hidden in the shadow was the head.

I watched as they slowly kneeled down to me and the closer they got the more I was able to smell them. Disgusting. Like someone mixed vomit, cow shit and toilet water together and threw it at the creature or person. There was probably no difference.

"Who are you" I repeated with a shaky voice, scared, as my eyes got used to the darkness. And suddenly a smile formed on the dark face. A wide smile with way too many teeth in one row, each one sharp like knives. Dark and thick liquid dripped out of the corners, onto the floor and right next to my arm.

"I am your best friend. Your family, lover. But mostly, I am your nightmare~" they screamed the last part and suddenly jumped forwards, on top of me and the last thing I saw was a white glowing eye. A row of teeth dug through the skin on my neck, making me bleed. I kicked and tried to fight the creature but two strong arms pinned me to a now soft floor.

"Y/n!" someone shouted from far away yet so close. A mans voice, drowning out the other 50 people inside of my brain.

"Y/n! Wake up!" he exclaimed and tightened the grip on my shoulders.

"Please, it's just a nightmare" Sodo begged and and let out a loud sight as I stopped moving and just laid there, feeling a warm tear leaving my eye. My heart was beating hardly against my chest and it reached up to my brain, making it hurt like someone was punching it with bare fists. Everything was spinning and I felt like throwing up. This was the worst nightmare I've ever had. It felt so real. Way too real for my liking.

"Are you okay?" the ghoul asked and took my cold hands in his. I felt his eyes piercing through my skin of my face searching for information but he could have searched as much as he wanted, there was nothing to find.