Chapter 19

Ava begins to speak, but he stoops lower and hooks his hands into her inner thighs just like he did that night. Before she can even try to understand what's happening, he scoops her up and locks her legs around his waist, hoisting her up.

"What are you doing?" She snaps.

"I'm not done with you."

Ava has no idea what to make of it. He had all this time to come to her but he chose not to. Now suddenly he wants to be grateful? "You didn't even come to see if I was okay."

He takes her to her room, setting her down on her feet and shutting the door while not once removing his eyes from her body. "Were you waiting on me?"

Ava doesn't reply, angry.

"Good, because I'm not your boyfriend. And I'm definitely not your friend." He pulls her closer to the bed and lays her down. Ava's body acts on impulse, doing whatever he motions her to do. He stands by the bed and rakes his eyes over every inch of her as if he's seeing her for the first time.

"Then why are you here now?"

He prowls towards her slowly, covering her body with his. His weight comfortably settles between her legs and she lets out an audible sigh. A small smile curves over his mouth as he looks at her parted lips. "Because you looked like you missed me."

The sensuality in his tone shuts her up. Even when he's saying just normal things, it sounds like he wants to eat her alive. Like she is straining his control. Like he wants her like something he can never have.

"I almost died." Ava says, and William drags the tips of his fingers down her jaw, to her throat.

He's amused. "You are hard to kill, Ava."

"Wouldn't you know."

"Smartass mouth. Keep it open for other things."

Heat lashes in Ava's gut. A little more of this, and Ava is sure she would do anything he asks her to.

"Why don't you go back to being thankful?" Ava lays her hand over his sharp jaw, his stubble prickling her palm. William's lashes lower and he goes so still it feels like he's even stopped breathing. Feeling wonton by his focus, she rubs her thumb over his lower lip.

His mouth opens just a little bit, a huff of breath warming her finger. He likes this. Ava's body immediately responds to it.

Keeping her eyes on him, Ava pushes her thumb into his mouth. William's lust filled eyes shoot to hers, daring her. She smirks at him, eyes full of intent. "Suck."

William stares at Ava for a moment longer before he snatches her wrists and locks them over her head. Ava protests, but he leans closer to her face with a dangerous smile.

"What did you just say to me?"

Out of pure defiance, Ava stays quiet. Never breaking eye contact.

"You want me to suck?"

Using one hand, William pulls up her t-shirt, exposing her ruby-red nipples. Ava gasps loudly, watching him as he brazenly looks his fill. Knowing what's coming and also that she stirred it into motion, Ava cowers from him.

"Don't squirm so much." He teases her. "If this isn't what you wanted, you shouldn't have looked at me like you wanted me to fuck you right there in the open."

"I have no idea what you're talking about." Ava says and William picks that as his moment to close his hot mouth around her aching nipple. Her moan hitches in her throat, coming out only as a helpless whimper. First he sucks softly, exploring her limits. Then his mouth goes tight and his tongue lashes on the sensitive tip.

"Stop," Ava says. She can't take the rising heat between her thighs.

He ignores her and moves on to the other nipple. A flash of heat thunders down her body. She wants this, she needs it. She feels like she would be nothing without it. Her body had been deprived of touch for so long, it's all too much too soon.

"This is what you meant, isn't it?" He asks, his face so close to hers she could just reach out and kiss him. "Or do you want more?"

Ava nods, because she really can't stop now.

"Say it." His dark eyes move back to her tits, the hungry look driving something uncontrollable in Ava. There is a genuine question in the way he's looking at her.

For once, she's honest. To herself and him. "I want more."

His body stiffens. The look in his eyes changes and there is no warning before he rises off her.

"What are you doing?"

He straightens his sleeves, then pushes his hands through his tousled curls. He has shut off. "I have things to do."

Ava stares at him, eyes unblinking and mouth open. He had to be kidding. He doesn't wait for her response, already heading towards her door.

"I saved your life and you just toy with me?" Burning with embarrassment, she shoves her t-shirt down and sits up straight. "Why did you even come to me then?"

"You saved my life by accident." He says, curving a half smile her way. It's cold and she hates it. He's nothing like the guy who had her on his desk, ready to risk it all for a taste. "If you had the choice, you would've let me die."

Ava quietly stares at him, knowing how her thoughts are brewing and bubbling and over-spilling. She should keep her mouth shut and keep her distance from him. Fascinated by her silence, he turns to her.

"Oh, come on." His chides her. That's not the same mouth that pressed a soft kiss to her cheek. "Don't act like you're some saint, princess."

"If I wanted you dead, I could have let you bleed your body dry that day when you came stabbed like a fucking idiot." She says, eyes boring into him with everything she has. "Of course I wouldn't let you die."

William's brows draw close, as if he was confused or trying to decide if he had broken her already. "Then you're a stupid girl. I've let this go on for long enough. I just liked the chase. If you want someone to fuck, you have plenty of options in this house. I can have something arranged–"

"Shut up." Humiliation burns in her chest. She looks at him from head to toe, contempt pouring from her. Something flashes in his eyes and it could rot for all Ava cares.

She throws her legs off the bed and storms towards the washroom. She doesn't strain to hear if he left the room, just turns on the shower and gives herself the care that she's been needing for too long.

Everything about it was a mistake. That's why Ava couldn't get enough of it in the first place.