Chapter 46

And in a matter of minutes, her mind's gone.

| Cassie - Chase Atlantic |

×

Either he's dead or Ava Steele is batshit crazy.

Because there is no fucking way she came here. His mind blocks out everything, even that sly little snort he heard. Reluctantly, Ivan's eyes move to the amount of blood pooling along the curtains confirming the worst.

She is out of her goddamn mind.

Esteban turns to Ivan, gun trembling in his fat fingers and eyes red with terror. "Is this a fucking joke?"

Ava strolls in behind Esteban's meaty frame, eyeing the two guards staring at the entrance. His breath lodges in his throat and he exhales half his fucking body weight. Her red hair frames her bird-like face, delicate features twisting with concentration. With this length, she looks smaller, the skin of her face stretching over the bone structure like silk.

But she doesn't look like a scared little girl. She looks like a ravenous little demon out for blood.

That momentary distraction costs Esteban because Ava opens her arms wide and shoots the two remaining guards point-blank. Ivan's eyes move over their faces, the entry wound placed perfectly between the brows.

Oh, this girl is not fucking around today. Ivan's blood heats at her kill, not a hair out of place and six men down. Esteban swirls to her with his gun raised, shooting a spot beside her.

Ava doesn't even flinch. Her head turns to the bullet hole in the wall, then back to Esteban. She cocks one of the barrels at it. "Now, that is a fucking joke."

If he wasn't in so much pain he would have been rock-hard in his pants.

"Who are you?" Esteban doesn't bother shooting again which is smart because the crazy glint in Ava's eyes is message enough. Fuck, he wants her to look at him instead.

"George Washington," Ava says. Her voice is deeper with the adrenaline, but there isn't a single tremble in her frame.

Esteban's laugh is condescending and it makes Ivan want to wring his neck till it separates from his body. The fat fuck made a mistake by sending the rest of his men to his other nightclub, where they are already alert and ready for them.

Though from the way Ava is lounging against the curtains, he's sure she would have cut through ten more men to get to him. But why?

His throat catches and Ivan is sent surging forward with the impact of his cough. His spit splatters pink on the floor, probably from the endless punches Esteban delivered to his stomach.

When he looks back up, Ava's glare on Esteban has dropped several degrees. The murder in her eyes makes Esteban scramble for security, which he can only find verbally because he's a pathetic cunt.

"Tell me your name, slut." He says.

"You're going to regret that one, Esteban," Ivan says. "When I drag you back to my mansion and keep you in the basement for a month, you're going to think long and hard about every word you say to her."

Esteban's face darkens with understanding before turning to Ivan. "Ah, I see. Does she know you were busy fucking one of your sluts before I came to set you straight?"

A gun fired in her direction didn't make her flinch, but that does. She quickly masks it, eyes swirling with hurt when they land on Ivan. But that doesn't stick either.