Chapter 92

Ava feels the bed dip beside her and she's alerted of Ivan's presence just by his cologne. Ava lets out a sleepy sound before turning to wrap herself around Ivan.

"Sleepy girl," Ivan's voice is hoarse. "Did I tire you out?"

Ava nods, eyes still shut. She moves her head to nuzzle his neck, not missing the fresh smell of lavender and jasmine. Nothing better than a man that likes to smell good. It's like lavender was made for him.

Ava doesn't know what time it is. She must have fallen asleep waiting for him. Ivan's cooler body feels like heaven next to her warm skin.

"Ava," He sighs. "Don't do that."

"Mm," Ava presses her mouth against the side of his neck. "You smell so good."

"Pheromones, girl." Ivan has a laugh laced into his voice. "You like that shit?"

Another sound of agreement. She wants to eat him. But she's so tired, so sleepy. Ivan's hands gently grasp her chin and she feels his face close to hers. A tingle of awareness passes through her before his lips touch hers.

He kisses her slowly, drawing each kiss out until Ava is arching and pushing closer to him.

Ivan smiles against her mouth but she kisses that, too. "I like you,"

He lets out a huff, kissing her again. He pushes her down on her back, half leaning over her. Ava wraps her arms around his shoulders and his hands push under her t-shirt to fan over her ribs. Ava lets out a hiss when he pulls her flush against him.

"Fuck," Ivan pulls back completely. "I'm sorry,"

"Come back," Ava's eyes open slightly, reaching for him in the dark. There is hesitation in the way he returns, not quite fully. Ava sighs peacefully, burying her face in his chest once more.

"So cute," He says, stroking her hair. "You're like a little kitten."

Ava smiles, shaking her head slightly at the wash of heat that rushes to her cheeks. The way he says it...it's like he called her something far filthier. He peppers her cheeks with kisses and eventually she finds herself on top of him, pulling at his clothes and mouth sealed over his.

He groans her name when he's inside her and Ava tries her best to keep her screams under control. They don't talk, they just move. Eventually the heat wears off and calm spreads through her body, a feeling she is fully intent on feeling a million times more.

When Ava wakes up, he's still asleep. She takes a shower and heads out to the gym without waking him. She's pleased to see some familiar faces that she is used to. The guards silently acknowledge her, none of the hostility she is used to from them.

As her body works, she thinks of how much her life has changed. Just because her sex life is good doesn't mean she can just forget the past week. Everything is a mess. They are still not safe. They won't ever be safe until she finds and kills his twin, and the man that has been hunting her.

The man that could have killed her parents.

Ava is almost dragging her feet by the time she's done. The smell of food momentarily distracts her as she moves towards the kitchen. The chefs are always surprised to see her, but an unexpected guest is sitting by.

Discomfort quickly rises in Ava as she sees Ren with a blonde girl in his lap, feeding him bites of fruits. She clears her throat and Ren jerks his face to the side without looking at her. She watches his jaw clench as he whispers in the girl's ear and she throws her a wide-eyed look before scurrying off.

"Perfect timing, Steele." Ren says coldly. Everything about his glacial attitude tells her he's going to be far from pleasant today.

"Only returning the favour," Ava smiles brightly. His eyes quietly move over her face, her flushed cheeks and sweat-dampened neck.