Chapter 8

'Cause lately I've been scared of even thinking 'bout where we are.

\ Waiting Game - Banks \

Neil ripped my shirt from me.

The cold air to my skin was quickly replaced by his heated lips and the edge of his piercing. He loved it—loved to watch me shoved helpless into his bed.

"We have a meeting in five." I mumbled as his hands gripped my hips and thrust me up.

"No." His breaths were coarse.

Lips trapped mine and my body in his hands, I relished his groan echoing. They knew—all the agents, Dale, Noah. They knew what we did right after we left the headquarters. And they knew whenever we entered a room ten minutes late.

Though I didn't know what we were: Neil and I. And I was too scared to ask.

Julian didn't like it, my sweetheart agent bud. But Viral would snicker off or cough like a dying sea otter every time we passed him.

Neil's teeth caught my lips.

"How bad do you want this?" He muttered.

I pulled back the slightest bit, a wild smile coloring my swollen lips.

"Not as bad as you."

With a growl, he rammed me into the bed, teeth harsher on my skin as they left my lips. I squealed, a sudden pain slicing through my womb. I wanted to pull back, to push away, but he shoved me further into the wall, taking my breath along.

"Do you know," His hips ground into mine. "what you do?"

I didn't try to hold the moan back.

"We really need to get going." I heard myself say.

"We'll say you got sick." He breathed into my neck, fingers teasing the seams of my black bra.

"Can't keep me away from work." And I won't lie to Dale. "They know that."

"You can keep me away from work."

My laugh was cut off when he yanked the elastic of my tights down. I gulped air, sticky panic staining my fingertips. I only waited for one beat before rolling from beneath him, gliding the waistline back on and rigging up a smile.

"Let's go."

"Dammit."

I pulled a giggle deep from my chest and rose to my feet. Simple moments to trick him. It always worked.

I was good at my job.

Two weeks. It had been two weeks since Neil and I started...well, doing stuff. On several occasions, things heated to a point where each breath came and left with a article of clothing. I liked it—liked it a lot.

But I couldn't. I couldn't get past it. A tug at my chest something is wrong.

So I pulled my loose hair up and winked at his sprawled form. He was hot—he made me wet. I shook the thoughts from my head and hauled ass to the headquarters where Dale waited with his face drawn with reproach.

We were silent as Dale's eyes shifted from my flush to his ruffled hair. As Jon and Valdez exchanged a knowing glance, and I considered their position as my favorite couple of all times. They were all like those old women around today's kids.