The Past

"I should go," Alexis said as she tried to stand. 

Lucius pulled her back down and she landed in his lap. His arms wrapped around her waist, a comfort Alexis hadn't felt in years. 

"What's the rush, darling?" Lucius said. 

"My friend will be worried if I don't go home soon," Alexis replied. 

Lucius fiddled with the bottom of her shirt and she felt his cold fingers graze her bare skin. "This friend, what's his name?" 

Alexis looked into Lucius's gray eyes as goosebumps erupted on her skin from his touch. As if hypnotized by his gaze, she answered without thinking. "Demetri." 

"Demetri," Lucius sounded it out, feeling how the name rolled off his tongue. "Do I have competition for your affections, my love?" 

Alexis laughed softly. "I told you, it's not like that. Demetri doesn't see me that way at all." 

"I don't believe that for a second," Lucius said in a playful tone. "Look at you. He'd have to be blind to not think of you that way." 

Alexis looked down at the collar on Lucius's shirt, thinking about what he said. "It's different with Demetri." 

Lucius placed a finger under her chin, lifting her face so their gazes met again. He leaned in and kissed her softly. Alexis's arms wrapped around his neck. As his kiss quickened and turned passionate, her hands got tangled in his blonde hair. 

"Alexis," he breathed against her lips, "I've told you my last name. Tell me yours." 

It was a command rather than a question. Alexis hesitated just a moment before replying, her eyes still closed and her mouth still pressed against his lips. "Newhart." 

Lucius's movements stilled, his lips detaching themselves from hers. Alexis pulled back to look at him more carefully. 

"What's wrong?" she asked, reading his flickering expression. 

Lucius's gaze found Alexis and it seemed as if he suddenly remembered where he was. "Nothing, darling." He pulled her back in, kissing her again. Within a few minutes, he cocked his head, breaking their kiss again. "You said your parents died in the war?" 

Alexis was straddling him at this point, one leg on each side of him. His hands gripped her butt. 

"Yes." Alexis furrowed her brows as her concern grew, threatening to take over all senses. "Why?" 

"Do you know how?" 

Alexis bit her lip, annoyed at where this was going. "Lucius, can we not talk about this-" 

"Answer the question, darling." His tone was demanding but his eyes quickly softened as he tucked a piece of Alexis's hair behind her ear. 

"I wasn't there when they died." Alexis tried to swallow the ball that was forming in her throat. 

"But do you know what happened?" 

"A Death Eater killed them," Alexis said in one quick exhale. 

"How do you know?" 

Alexis searched Lucius's gaze, trying to understand where this was coming from. "That night, the night of the war, my sister tried to-" Alexis choked on her words, feeling the swell of emotion come up. She took a steadying breath before trying again. "She ran up to me and told me that our parents were dead. There was something else she wanted to tell me but she never got the chance. A Death Eater was chasing her and killed her in front of me." A single tear fell from Alexis's face. 

Lucius wiped the tear with his thumb. "Then what did you do?" 

Alexis looked away as her jaw tensed. "I killed him." There was a long silent pause. "I was so angry-" 

"I don't blame you," Lucius interrupted. "I would have done the same. How do you know a Death Eater killed your parents?" 

Alexis looked back at Lucius. "I just assumed the one who killed my sister also killed them. Why else would he waste all that time running after her?" 

"But you never saw it happen?" 

"I didn't need to see it." Alexis sucked in a breath. "Either way, someone killed them. They were murdered because of that stupid war." 

"I'm sorry, darling," Lucius whispered, holding Alexis tighter. "I shouldn't have brought up those painful memories." 

"It's fine-" 

Lucius leaned in and kissed her cheeks, stained from the tears that fell. Slowly, his lips found hers and they began kissing again. After a few minutes of kissing, Alexis's emotions were almost forgotten, replaced with lust, desire and heat. Wanting to chase the rest of the emotions away, she laid down against the couch, pulling Lucius on top of her. 

His hands got to work, pulling her shirt up over her head. They found her pants and also pulled those down. Alexis felt the chill of the mansion and wondered when was the last time it had been heated. She followed his movements, undressing him slowly, building up the want. Eventually, they were both naked. 

Alexis reached down to feel his hard erection, stroking it in her hand. Lucius's face fell in the crook of her neck, groaning along with her strokes. 

Alexis wrapped her legs around his waist as he gripped her hair, putting pressure on her scalp. She let go of his shaft, pulling his head to her so she could kiss him. He gently guided himself inside of her, her opening wet and ready. 

She moaned as he inserted himself, in and out, the pleasure building low in her stomach. She moaned against his lips, her hips moving with his thrusts, wanting him to go deeper and harder. 

Lucius's movements quickened and he panted into her ear. Her breasts grazed his chest as he pumped into her harder. 

"Oh God," Alexis moaned, feeling the orgasm reverberate through her body. 

Lucius pulled back to watch her face as he came inside of her, grunting with his orgasm. 

They stayed like that for a while, catching their breaths. Alexis closed her eyes tightly, unsure of what to think. She desperately wanted to stop thinking about her parents and sister, but now the feeling of disgust was rising up her throat like bile. 

Lucius stood, allowing Alexis to sit up. As she did, she felt actual bile creep up her throat, instant revulsion at having slept with a Death Eater. 

Her hand flew to her mouth, covering it, as if this would stop her from getting sick. 

"Are you ok?" Lucius asked, still breathless. 

"Ye-" Alexis flew up, running outside of the room. She had just found a bathroom when her stomach emptied itself of its contents. Lucius knocked at the door as she threw up in the toilet.