Draco Malfoy

Demetri sat on the ground of their living room, his legs outstretched beneath the coffee table. He was pouring over Ministry files that he "borrowed" about the Malfoys. Alexis sat on the couch, staring down at the photo of the Malfoy family. She looked at the father, his long, blonde hair cascading over his one shoulder. His eyes were stern and malicious, and he had an air of arrogance. Alexis would of even found him handsome, had she not despised every Death Eater she met. The mother's hair was dark underneath and blonde on top, she was pretty, but appeared strict, her face lacking lines. The boy in the picture looked young, his short hair blonde like his father's. He looked almost sad. None of them were smiling.

"How old is the son?" Alexis asked, breaking the silence in the room.

Demetri looked up from his files. "He would be 20 now." 

"So he was only 17 during the second war?" Alexis asked.

Demetri looked back at his files. "I guess so." 

"He was just a kid." 

Demetri eyed Alexis through his long lashes. "Getting second thoughts, Lex?" 

"Maybe it's just worth knowing the boy's story." Alexis tossed the photo onto the table. "How evil can you be at 17?" 

"Voldemort killed when he was a teenager," Demetri pointed out. 

"That's true." 

"Are you going soft on me, Lex?" Demetri smirked. "You've never cared about hearing their stories before now." 

"He's a kid, Demetri." 

"And I'm sure half the people you kill were threatened or manipulated into joining the Death Eaters." 

Alexis narrowed her eyes at Demetri. 

Demetri sighed. "Lex, I didn't mean it like that-" 

Alexis suddenly stood. "Sometimes I wonder why you're even doing this. Who's side are you on?" 

Demetri stood. "On yours, Lex. I've always been on yours. I just..." 

"What? Just what?" 

"Don't you ever feel guilty?" 

Alexis gazed at Demetri. She felt a pang of hurt by his words and quickly shoved it down. "No. They deserve it. Think of how many people they've killed-" 

"But it's not really about that, is it?" Demetri asked. "It's about your parents and sister." 

Alexis flinched. 

"Lex, you've already killed their murderer. When does this end?" 

"You can call it quits whenever you want, Demetri. I am not forcing you to stay." 

Demetri's jaw clenched. 

"I have shit to do. I'll see you at dinner." Alexis left, walking up the stairs to her bedroom. 

During dinner, the tension between Alexis and Demtri continued to fester. Silence stretched between them as they ate beef stew across from each other. Alexis was eating as quickly as possible, eager to leave the awkwardness. 

Demetri cleared his throat. "Do you want to know the boy's story?" 

"What?" Alexis glanced up, looking at Demetri for the first time that evening.

"The Malfoy boy. You said you wanted to know his story." 

"I do," Alexis confirmed.

"Well, apparently Harry Potter went to school with him. Same year but different houses."