What Draco Knows

"I know how much you've been struggling with this, Lex," Demetri explained, empathetically. "I thought I could make it easier." 

"By bringing him here?" Alexis said, her voice tense. 

"What was I meant to do?" Demetri asked. "Draco went and blabbed about me. But maybe I can help. Maybe if I'm there, it'll make things easier on you. You know, like support." 

"I don't need support," Alexis said, her nails digging into her palm. "I need you to stay out of this." 

"I didn't meant to get dragged into it." Demetri stood, suddenly getting angry. "You can blame Draco for that. But now that I'm forced into this, you can at least let me help." 

"I don't need your help!" 

"Are you not going to kill him? Have you changed your mind?" 

"No, I haven't," Alexis said, flustered. "I'm going to do it when I'm ready." 

"You are ready!" he yelled. "You're always ready, Lex. You're just drawing this out for no reason." 

"Maybe I have my own plan, Demetri!" Alexis shot back. "Maybe I don't tell you everything." 

"That's fine, I never thought you told me everything." He gestured wildly, his arms raising and collapsing with his words. "The Lex I know would've done it already." 

"You don't know me that well." 

"You're wrong," Demetri said, his jaw set. "I know you, Lex. But I don't know you when you're with him."

"Maybe that's ok!" Alexis said, unsure at which point this conversation turned around. "And you know what, Demetri? You didn't have to offer to help him. You could have just denied." 

"How do you know where my parents live?" Draco chimed in, but they ignored him. 

"Deny Lucius Malfoy?" Demetri asked sarcastically. "That's rich. Do you know what he does to people who deny him?" 

"Did to people who denied him," Alexis corrected him. "He's not like that anymore." 

"Bullshit." Spit flung from his mouth as he cursed. "You're really going to stand there and tell me you believe he's changed that much? That if I told him I couldn't help him, he wouldn't threaten me or curse me or something?" 

"Yes!" Alexis shouted. "People can change, Demetri." 

Demetri folded his arms. "Strange. Because I did deny him, Lex. And he threatened to curse me. Said he was known among Death Eaters for his killing curse. Said he never misses." 

Alexis narrowed her eyes. "I don't believe you." 

"He is still a dangerous murderer, Lex!" Demetri gestured toward the door, as if Lucius was standing there. "He just doesn't show you that part because he's in love with you!" 

"What?" Draco's voiced boomed through the kitchen, loud and commanding, a stark difference from his usual tone. 

They both turned their heads to look at him, having forgotten that he was standing there. 

"My father's in love with you?" Draco looked at Alexis, disbelief in his eyes. "That was your plan? To make him fall in love with you and then kill him?" Silence stretched as nobody answered. "What the fuck? That's really sick." Draco paled and Alexis thought he might be sick. 

Demetri turned back to Alexis. "Your plan worked, Lex," he said calmly. "I'm not sure what you're waiting for anymore." 

"My poor mother," Draco went on, staring blankly at the table. "How could he do this to her?" 

Alexis turned to face him, causing him to look at her. His eyes watered, but his expression was furious. 

"How could you?" he asked Alexis. 

"Draco, I'm sorry," she said as Demetri pointed his wand at him, rope flinging from its tip. They enveloped Draco, forcing me down to the ground. 

"Why?" he screamed out. 

"Can't risk you going home and telling your mother," Demetri explained. 

"No," Draco breathed. "Why would you do this to her?"

Demetri looked at Alexis and she glanced back, biting her lip with unease. 

"You think this will hurt my father?" Draco said from the ground. "He's heartless. This will simply be a scratch on his iron heart. My mother, however. This will destroy her."