07

The doctor walked out with bad news, they told me and my world came crashing down.

No she's not dead, but she is in a coma.

We got taken to Avery's hospital room, I walked in and instantly ran to her side.

I held her hand and I felt tears roll down my cheek, "please baby, please wake up." I cried out.

I sat down and laid my head on the edge of the bed, my hand held onto hers as I cried. 

I can't lose her, she's the love of my life.

"Baby, please wake up for me. Don't leave me." I cried out to my wife.

I literally cannot lose her, or the baby.

It's my fault all of this is happening, if I'd let Nate apologized to her, he would still be here.

"Jack, let's go home, so that you can shower and we will drive you back." Sammy walked over and grabbed my arm.

"I want to stay." I stood my place.

"You'll be back. We'll have everyone else stay while you head home to rest for a bit." Sammy said.

I took one look at my wife before walking out of the room with Sammy and Derek.

They both took me home so that I can shower and get something to eat before heading back to the hospital.

We finally arrived at my house, they waited downstairs while I walked up the steps.

I stripped down and stepped into the shower, I turned the knob and warm water rain ran down my body. I stood under it and closed my eyes.

I thought of Avery, I don't want to lose her. She is the love of my life and I can't see my life without her.

We have a baby on the way, if I lose her, it'll be the end of me.

-Avery POV-

I woke up in a white room. Everything around me is white.

I walked around and saw a familiar figure standing before me.

"Nate?" I called out.

He turned around and I ran to him, he picked me up as my legs wrapped around his waist.

"I've missed you Nate." I mumbled as I buried my head in the crook of his neck.

"I've missed you too Avery." He said as his voice cracked. We hugged for a bit before he set me down before him.

We pulled away and Nate's eyes were puffy and red from crying. I felt a tear run down my cheek as my eyes swell up with tears.

Nate wiped away the escaping tear and pulled me in, he wrapped his arms around my neck as I rest my head on his chest.

"Everything will be okay, but you need to wake up Avery. Everyone needs you to be alive." He mumbled as I cried.

"I don't want to leave you Nate." I said and looked up at him.

"You have to set me free, you need to live, I know it will be hard to move on but it's for the best. But I will always be apart of you. I'm with you everywhere you go." He smiled down at me. He wiped away my tears and kissed my cheek.

"I want to stay a little bit longer." I said to Nate.

He wrapped his arms around me as I closed my eyes and laid my head on his chest.

—Jack POV—

The boys drove me back to the hospital and we headed up to Avery's room. We walked down the hallway to her room and walked in to see Claudia sleeping beside Avery in the chair

Madison and Stassie walked in with trays of coffee, "oh you guys are back." Madison set down the trays and grabbed the ones that Claudia was holding.

She handed the cups to the boys and I, and handed the rest to the girls.

Claudia shifted around and opened her eyes, "any change Claudia?" I asked her.

"No sorry." She shook her head no and gave me a small smile.

I walked over to Avery's bedside and pulled up a chair, "I can't lose her guys. She's the love of my life." I put my head in my hands and closed my eyes.

Footsteps got closer to me and I felt a hand on my shoulder, "Jack everything is going to be okay, she's going to wake up and we're gonna be okay." Madison rambled and then the machines started beeping.

I shot my head up and looked at Avery. "Someone call the doctor" I shouted. Sammy ran out and a few minutes later, he ran back in with the doctors following behind.

"The machines started to beep, but she's not waking up." I said and stood up to give the doctors some room.

The machine flatlined and they took out defibrillator, they set it up and the doctor yelled.

"CHARGE TO 200." He yelled and it's still flatlined.

I felt a hand hold mines, I looked to my left to see Madison comforting me.

"CHARGE TO 300 ." He demanded.

Nothing changed, still flatlined.

"CHARGE TO 360." He yelled.

The monitor beeped and I sighed in relief.

"We will monito-

Avery's eyes shot open and I ran over to her, "oh my god Avery." I called out to my wife.

"Avery. How do you feel, give us a thumbs up for good and a thumbs down for pain." Her doctor said.

She struggled to move for a bit but got a thumbs up.

"That's good to hear." And started typing away at his tablet.

"Well everything looks fine from the results, do you still feel dizzy or do you have any headaches." He asked her.

"Just a slight headache from the sudden wake." She said and sat up a bit. They raised the bed a bit so that she's comfortable. I sat down beside in the chair and held her hand.

"Like we said, we will monitor you for a few hours to see if anything changes, then you may go home tomorrow." He smiled at her. They left the room and I turned to face her.

"How do you feel baby." I asked my wife.

"I feel fine, just a headache; that's all." She said.

Madison gave her a cup of water. "Thanks." She said and took a sip of water.

—Avery POV—

"I saw Nate when I was in a coma." I said to my friends.

Everyone turn heads, "he told me to let him go, to set him free. To move on." I said and fiddled with my fingers.

"He would want you to be happy Avery." Madison said.

"I know. But it's really hard to let my best friend go." I said and started tearing up.

Jack wiped my tears and kissed my head, "I'm just glad you are awake." He said and I smiled at him.

"Uhm Avery." Claudia said.

"What?" I looked at her while her eyes darted to the hospital bed. I looked underneath me to see I'm sitting in my own puddle of blood.

My eyes went wide as Sammy called for the doctor.

"Am I having a-

"Oh my god." Jack stood up.