08

I looked down underneath me and started to panic. The nurses ran in, the OB attending ran in and they checked.

It was confirmed that I was going through a miscarriage due to stress.

I changed into a clean set of hospital gown and they cleaned my hospital bed sheet that was covered in my own blood.

"I'm sorry baby." Jack said and wrapped his arms around me.

"I'm fine." I sat and stared off into space.

I lost my baby and I lost my best friend, I can't take this anymore.

I burst into tears and my friends turned their heads to me with worried looks.

"I'm sorry baby girl, is there anything we can do?" Jack asked me.

"I just want to be alone." I said and pulled the blanket up a bit to cover my body.

"Okay, we'll see you tomorrow okay Avery, get some rest. We love you." My friends said their goodbyes and one by one, they all piled out of the room.

"Jack can you stay with me." I asked my husband.

"Of course baby." He said and closed the hospital door. He got into bed with me and wrapped his arms around me. I laid my head on his chest and closed my eyes.

"I love you Jack." I said.

"I love you more Avery Gilinsky." He said and kissed my head.

-the next morning-

I opened my eyes to see Jack standing by the window looking out while drinking a cup of coffee.

"Good morning husband." I said and rubbed my eyes.

"Good morning." He smiled at me.

Jack set the cup down and sat on the edge of my hospital bed.

"How do you feel?" He asked.

"I feel fine, I just want to go home." I sat up and reached out to hold his hand.

"I'll notify the doctor." He got up, Jack kissed me on the cheek before walking out of the room.

A few minutes later, the doctor walked in with a clipboard, "we just need you or your husband to sign this and we will get you checked out of this hospital."

Jack grabbed the clipboard from the doctor while he explained some things to me.

"While you are at home, I'm going to need you to be on bed rest for a while. As you can see, you just had a miscarriage so the nurse at the front desk will prescribe you some medication to help ease with the bleeding; you will be bleeding for a few days. Bed rest is needed since you've just awaken from a coma. Everything else looks fine, and you are set to go home." He smiled at me.

The doctor left the room, Jack finished signing the clipboard and walked out to give it to the nurse.

I got up from the bed as Jack rushed over to me, he grabbed some spare clothes from my bag and handed it to me. He untied the gown and handed me my shirt, I pulled it over my head while he slid on my panties and shorts for me. "Thank you handsome." I said.

I let the gown slid off me and I picked it up before folding it. Jack packed my things and we walked out of the room together.

"The doctor has a list of medications you need to take to help with the pain post miscarriage. Bed rest is very much needed. But come back in 6 weeks for a regular checkup to see how everything is doing." She said and gave me a few prescriptions.

We thanked her and headed outside, Jack ran to go get the car. He pulled around and I got into the passenger seat.

"Ready to head home." He asked.