38

- moving day -

I packed the last box from my room into the moving truck. I walked back into the house to see the girls in the kitchen.

"I'm going to miss you guys." I said to them. They surrounded me and engulfed their arms around me.

"Always come to visit and we will come to you. Don't forget about us." Claudia said.

"I won't." I smiled at my girls.

"I can't believe Jack is also moving in with y'all." Madison chuckled.

"I wanted him to be close with Aurora." I said.

Derek came down the stairs with his last box from my room and walked out to the moving truck.

"I feel like I forgot something, I'll be right back." I said to the girls and walked up to my room. It feels dull and empty in here.

I'm going to miss staying at the house with the girls, it was temporary but it felt like forever.

I walked to Aurora's nursery to see everything packed up and removed out of here. It feels empty. But it's time for a fresh start in a new house.

I walked back downstairs to see everyone outside saying farewell.

I walked out and walked to the group. "Always come visit." Claudia said.

She wrapped her arms around me and I rest my head on her shoulder.

Claudia and her fiancé decided to stay in California, at first; she planned to move to New York after the wedding but they postponed the wedding date.

Jack and Derek stood by the car, Aurora was in the car seat. I wrapped my arms around my brother and his arms snaked around my waist.

"I'm so happy for you." He whispered in my ear.

"I love you big brother, never forget that." I said to him.

"I love you too baby sis." He said.

We pulled away and he kissed my head.

I said goodbye to my friends and got into the back seat with Aurora. We ordered a trailer moving truck so that we can just attach it to the car. Derek got into the drivers seat and Jack got into the front passenger.

I rolled down the window and waved goodbye to my friends and brother.

"We love you." they yelled at us.

"I love you." I mouthed back to them.

Derek put the car in drive and drove off to the new house. I turned to see Aurora sleeping.

I rubbed my thumb against the side of her face as she slept the whole car ride.

an hour later, we finally arrived at the new house. Derek backed the car into the driveway so that it's easier for us to move the boxes in.

He put the car in park and Jack went to go unlock the front door. I stepped out, Derek moved me aside and grabbed auroras car seat and brought her into the house.

A few hours later, we finally unpacked everything and settled in. We moved Auroras crib into my room for now until we paint and get her nursery ready.

I just gave Aurora a shower and fed her, she's now sleeping in her crib. I turned on the upstairs baby monitor and brought the second one with me downstairs.

Derek and Jack were outside grilling steaks and drinking beer. I set the baby monitor on the counter and walked out back.

"Smells good." I said the guys.