11

"Who's Avery?" She furrowed her brows.

"You look a lot like my wife." I studied her face.

"Where she now? Why are you here talking to me when you got-

"My wife died or I think she did. You look a lot like my wife. Either my mind is fucking with me or you're actually her." I furrowed my brows.

"I'm sorry but I'm not your wife." She said and took a sip from her drink.

"I need to go to the restroom, excuse me." I stood up and disappeared into the crowd.

I walked to the male bathrooms and stood in front of the sink. I turned on the warm water and splashed some on my face.

Breathe Jack, it can't be her. She died.

You're obviously hallucinating your dead wife.

It cannot be her, I'm literally going insane.

"Hey bro." Sammy startled me.

I turned around to see my friends staring before me.

"You alright there bro?" Derek asked.

"Yeah, my mind is just playing tricks on me, I guess." I said. We headed out and she's still sitting there.

"Is it just me or does that girl look a lot like Avery." My best friend pointed out.

"So it's not just me, right? I'm not going crazy." I turned to look at my friends.

I walked up to her, "okay look. I know this is gonna sound crazy but you look so much like my wife Avery. I can definitely show you a picture of her because you probably think I'm a creep or whatever." I said and pulled out my phone.

I pulled up a picture of Avery and turned the phone so that she could see.

She studied my phone for a bit and stood up from the chair.

She took one last look at me before disappearing into the crowd.

I followed her and grabbed her arm, "wait where are you going? I'm sorry that I'm scaring you." I apologized to her.

"It's not that, but I have to go." She said.

"Wait, can I at least get your name." I stopped her once more.

"If you knew. You'll hate me." She said and walked off.

I sighed and ran after her, "what do you mean I'll hate you. We don't even know each other." I got confused.

"Jack. It's me Avery." She blurted out and everything around me stopped in time.

(Y'all thought she died?)

My vision got blurry and I felt tears swell up in my eyes.

"No it can't be. I watched as they lowered her down in the coffi-

"The coffin was empty, I'm here Jack." She said.

"No, I watched them unplug you. This can't be real. You can't be here." I paced back and forth.

This isn't real. She can't be here right now.

"Jack baby, look at me." She held my face and I stared into her eyes.

It's really her.

Oh my god.

My wife, very healthy alive wife is standing before me.

"Jack my love. I'm here and I'm not leaving." She said.

I cupped her face and rest my lips against hers.