23

— Jack POV —

She pushed me and I hit the wall, causing her mirror beside me to fall and break into pieces.

I watched as she fell to her knees and started crying, I did this.

I scooted over to her and wrapped my arms around her, she tried pushing me away but I didn't budge.

"Can you just let me hug you." I said.

"Please leave Jack." She sniffled.

"Let me hug your stubborn ass." I said once again and she let out a small laugh.

"There it is, that laugh." I said and her arms wrapped around me.

"I'm sorry for everything. And it's okay if you don't want to forgive me anymore or see me anymore. I totally understand. Just know that I'm truly sorry for everything I did." I said.

I kissed her head and helped her up.

She kept quiet. "Goodbye Avery." I said before disappearing from her room.

— Avery POV —

Jack walked out of the room and the door closed behind him.

I grabbed my trash can and picked up the pieces of glass. I made sure a few times that I picked up all of them so that I don't accidentally step on it.

The door opened and in came my brother and everyone else, "what happened?" They all asked.

"Nothing. My mirror just broke." I lied.

"We heard screaming up here." Jack said.

"It's nothing. Just drop it." I said and picked up the last piece of glass before dropping it in the trash.

I set the trash near the door and sat down on my bed.

"What did you and Jack talk about." Jack asked me again.

I'm getting annoyed at this point. I understand that they wanna look out for me and are worried about me but Jack and I talked kinda.

I just need everyone to drop it.

"He just apologized." I said and fiddled with my fingers.

"Don't tell me you forgav-

"I didn't forgive him. I'm not that stupid." I scoffed.

"Relax." My brother said and stormed out of my room.

I got up and ran after him. I made it to his room and got the door slammed in my face.

"Jack open the door." I knocked.

No answer, I banged on the door and it finally flew open.

"What?" He said with no emotion.

I walked into his room and pat a spot on the bed, next to me.

Jack hesitated before sitting down next to me.

"I know you are worried about me, but I didn't forgive him. Jack and I just talked and there was some screaming and glass breaking all due to me pushing him and the mirror breaking. I'm sorry for being with this, I'm still processing what just happened and you asking me so many questions really got to me. I'm sorry Jack." I said.

He looked at for a second before engulfing me with his arms.

"I'm sorry for being pushy." He mumbled into my hair.

"It's okay Jack." I said and leaned my head on his shoulder.

"So we good." He asked me.

"Yes we are." I smiled at my brother.