37

- skipping to the end of the honeymoon.

todays our last day in paradise, Derek wanted to go around town collecting souvenirs before heading to the tarmac.

A few hours later, we made it to the tarmac, the car parked in front of the jet and we both got out. They brought our bags and put it into the belly of the plane while Derek and I entered into the jet. I sat down and Derek sat down across from me.

"ready to go home." Derek asked me.

"Home as in the girls house or?" I grinned.

"I can't wait to move in with you." He sat down beside me and wrapped his arms around me.

"I love you Derek." I smiled up at him.

"I love you more my love." He kissed my head.

I rest my head on Derek's shoulder and closed my eyes.

— Derek's POV —

She fell asleep on my shoulder, I laid her down on the couch and pulled out a blanket. I covered her and pulled down the jet window blinds.

I sat down across from her, the flight attendant walked by.

"Sir, do you want anything to drink." She asked me.

"Can I just get a gin and tonic, thank you." I said.

she smiled and walked to the back of the jet. I looked at Avery and she was fast asleep. She looks so adorable sleeping.

I can't wait to move in with her, have a family with her because she's the love of my life.

When we first met, her brother and Jack did not want her near me, I do agree that back then; before I met her... I was bad news.

I wouldn't trust myself around her, I broke people's hearts back then, I used people for the fun of it.

But when I met Avery, when she became close with the friend group. I knew that her and I would click.

And we did, I'm glad that I have her in my life, I don't regret falling in love with her.

She's the love of my life, I want to grow a family with her, watch our kids have their kids, grow old with her, and die with her. Soulmates.

A few hours later, we landed back in California. I shook my wife awake and she opened her eyes.

"We're home." I smiled down at her. She sat up and rubbed her eyes.

I leaned down and kissed her on the cheek.

The doors opened and I grabbed our belongings from inside the plane and walked off. Avery followed me behind while they packed our luggage into the trunk of the car.

I set the rest of the belongings in the back seat and opened the front passenger door for Avery.

She got in and I shut the door, running over to my side.

My baby is tired, so I drove home quick.

We don't live that far from the airport depending on which way we take. With the highway, we live about 30-40 minutes.

We finally arrived home, as in the girls house and pulled up to the driveway.

I put the car in parked and got out, I ran over to Avery's side and opened the door. She was fast asleep so I carefully picked her up in bridal style and walked up the steps. I used my free finger to ring the door bell. A few seconds later the door opened and standing before us was her brother.

"What happened?" Jack asked me.

"She fell asleep on the way home, I didn't want to wake her up." I told her brother and his face calmed.