09

I woke up suddenly with tears streaming down my face, "are you okay Avery, you been crying?" Jack asked.

At this point, the movie was paused and my friends and husband were staring at me.

"Bad dream I guess." I said and wiped my tears with my sleeve.

"What was it about, if you don't mind me asking?" Derek asked.

"It was about Nate. I saw him in my dream. I apparently created my own imaginary world for him and also for our baby girl, Jack." I looked at my husband.

"We have a girl?" He asked and his eyes brim with tears.

"Yes we do." I smiled at him.

"Then what happened?" Derek asked again.

"After I found out we had a baby girl, she disappeared in my arms and then I woke up crying." I said and pulled my knees up to my chest.

jack leaned in and kissed my forehead, I moved closer to him and wrapped my arms around his waist. He pulled me on his lap and I buried my head in the crook of his neck.

Jack rubbed my back as I closed my eyes, thinking about my daughter and nate. I miss them so much, this is really getting to me; I've lost them both and now I am imagining them in my made up world.

"I can't keep doing this, I am so tired and im losing sleep over my bestfriend and our daughter who doesn't even exist." I cried into jack's arms.

"You took a huge loss, my love." Jack mumbled. He rubbed my back as I cried out.

"I'm going to carry her up." He said aloud.

Jack carefully stood up while holding me in his arms. He walked up the steps and finally made it to our room.

Jack laid me down on the bed carefully and pulled the comforters up to my shoulders.

He kissed my head and started to walk off, I grabbed his hand; "stay with me." I said.

"I'll be right back babygirl." He rubbed my cheek with my thumb before disappearing downstairs.

A few minutes later, multiple footsteps came up the steps and they all came into the room.

"We are going to have a slumber party. If you're up for it." Madison said.

I sat up and smiled at my friends.

"I think that is a yes." Madison squealed.

They brought in blankets and pillows and set it all up on the floor. "You all are gonna stay in here? I gasped at how many people are in the room.

"Your room is very spacey, Avery." Derek grinned.

Jack slid his shirt over his head and climbed into bed with me.

Sammy and Derek appeared with liquor and shot glasses

"Y'all were serious about this slumber." I laughed.

"You wanna take shots with us." Maggie asked.

"Well the doctor didn't say anything about not drinking." I said and leaned forward.

"Baby, maybe you should just wait before you feel a bit better." Jack stopped me.

"Jack... I'm going through a loss right now. I best believe drinking away my pain can help ease this situation." I smiled at my husband.

He put his hands up and backed off, Sammy smirked and poured me a shot of vodka.

It got around to everyone and here we are taking shot after shot.