intoxicating

"Actually, I think I'll stay here with Kai" Taehyun said while his Hyungs prepared to go shop for clothes and cleaning supplies. They all agreed that it's best to let Kai stay with one of them at the car, they didn't know what Kai's reaction would be to a mall filled with people, considering that he was already anxious enough around the four of them

"Then it settled, I'll leave the car on so you can put music. Do you want the heat up too? It's a bit chilly" Yeonjun asked, attending to his friends needs. He was always the tentive kind, and he noticed the goosebumps on Kai's arms.

Taehyun picked up on what his Hyung was hinting and told him to set the heat higher.

"Perfect, thank junnie Hyung" Taehyun smiled, this one of those moments where he felt unbelievably lucky to have his Hyungs in his life. The feeling of being taken care of, sometimes hit him way too hard, making him grateful and giddy.

"If there's any problem call me" Soobin said. It took a lot out of Yeonjun to convince Soobin to let Taehyun stay with Kai. Although Soobin agreed he was still extremely anxious and worried, hoping that he's leaving his brother in a safe environment.

"Will do Hyung, come back safely"

..............

"Kai-ah..." Taehyun broke the comfortable silence when he saw the younger staring at his hands.

Kai lifted his head, looking at Taehyun with an unreadable expression, waiting for the older to speak.

"I hope you know you're safe with us, Hyungs were never violent with me, they are very kind people." Taehyun took the younger's trembling hand "we don't know exactly what happened to you, and we won't ask until you're ready." He looked at the younger with sincerity and concern. Wondering why he felt such strong emotions towards the mysterious boy when he didn't even know him.

Kai nodded, not knowing what to say to satisfy the other. He felt grateful and comforted, but it was dangerous for him to acknowledge it.

"Those people.." Taehyun voice trailed, hesitant to continue "the people that took you. We're not going to let them do it again." Taehyun noticed the younger's eyes tear up, whether from exhaustion, or pain, or maybe because he was touched by the older's words.

"I know you're scared even if you don't say it.." Taehyun said softly, his heart strings pulling at the sight of the younger, telling Taehyun to caresse the younger's cheek, the hand was so gently, so warm against Kai's cheek. He closed his eyes, succumbing into the sweet feeling. His mind momentarily forgetting the rules he memorize for 10 years, all he wanted right now is for Taehyun to hug him, wanting to feel the older's embrace once more.

"Hug me" Kai said with certainty in his voice, certainty that he didn't think he had in him. He looked at Taehyun, years of being touch-starved catching up to him, the only thing on his mind is the older's arm, hugging him tightly to chest, embracing his everything.

Kai slowly but surely reciprocates the hug, his hands wrapped around the older's torso, afraid of letting go.

"We'll protect you... I promise"

...................

"Hyung!" Beomgyu screamed enthusiastically. "Look at this shirt, It's soooooooo CUTEEE" he held up a white shirt with a print of a bear on the side."can I have it??? Please please pleaseeeeeee??" He begged, clinging on Soobin's arm.

"Fine fine, take it. Gosh don't you have a mute button or something?" Soobin held his ringing ear, cursing the younger's loud voice.

"Nope!" Beomgyu chirped and put the shirt in the cart.