healing

"Beom... I-" Yeonjun attempts to pull away from the younger's tight hold. His arms not budging from Yeonjun's waist.

Beomgyu whimpers when he feels the older's slipping away. Another soft cry comes and he knows his tears are soaking the older's jacket.

But he doesn't care, not even a little bit.

"C-can't we s-stay like t-this hyung?" Yeonjun hears Beomgyu as he hiccups softly. "J-just f-for a few m-minutes?..."

Yeonjun's heart pulls at that, never having heard Beomgyu so fragile. He always assumed Beomgyu is okay, because he was.

Laughing, teasing them. Smiling even when everything seemed to have gone to shit. Beomgyu was always... well, Beomgyu.

Their sunshine.

Now said sunshine was crying in his arms, and Yeonjun can't do anything to make his pain stop.

If he could. He'd take every last drop of sadness from the little boy. He'd do anything, to make the boy's tears stop.

His hand goes through Beomgyu silky hair, going back to embrace him even harder.

"Beomie...." Yeonjun says, and his voice carries so much care, for the precious boy he had met 5 years ago. And he wants to cry.

Cry because Beomgyu never deserved any of this.

Beomgyu deserved to have a family. A real one. Not their broken kind.

Such a young, kind soul. Should have never felt fear like Beomgyu did.

Their beomie bear deserved a life.

And Yeonjun can only curse the disease that killed the younger's parents when he was only a damn child. A 14 year old kid.

In a way, he wishes he had never known Beomgyu. He wishes the younger would have never met them.

Because then, maybe, he would have a chance for a fear-free life.

And Yeonjun wonders, how life managed to fuck up this bad. No, scratch that. How the universe managed to fuck up this bad that it would ever let the younger get held such shitty cards.

"I'm right here Beomie...." Yeonjun whispers calmly, a contrast to his fast beating heart that can never seem to catch a break.

"H-hyung..." the younger's cries quietly, moving his arms to rest on Yeonjun's torso. His head lays comfortable under the older's chin.

He listens to his Hyung's steady breaths. The way his heart's beating at speed.

And the dammed citrus scent.

It's all too overwhelming.

For the first time, Beomgyu finally understands what Taehyun's been talking about.

They're running out of time.

And Beomgyu can feel the clock turning around, threatening to tick off any second.

"Hyungie... let's s-stay together, o-okay?" He says as his cries calm down.

Yeonjun holds Beomgyu head up, watching as the younger reveals his puffy, damp eyes and snotty nose.

Without a sound, a wipes the remaining tears away, an act that feels a little foreign to Beomgyu, but he accepts it anyways. Leaning towards his Hyung's hands.

Yeonjun looks away awkwardly, that might be the first time he had to comfort Beomgyu, and not the other way around.

"Hyung..." Beomgyu says stubbornly, looking straight into Yeonjun's eyes with his glossy chocolate ones. Making it completely impossible for Yeonjun not to obey. "P-promise me".