Chapter 1

Kyle Conti's POV

I sighed as the view of the Transylvanian Alps was coming into gorgeous view as my private jet landed in the private hangar of the airport in Cluj-Napoca. It was at the end of June with Summer was coming into Europe, hence, most of the tourists would love to go to the Alps. I needed to get the lodges locked and loaded before the peak of the Summer season.

"Sir, we have landed," the pilot said to me as I got up from the seat. I nodded at him as I went outside the jet and looked around the hangar. I put on my sunglasses as the sun was burning my face and my eyes.

"Thank you, Captain, have a good rest of your day," I said as I walked down the stairs. I can see that my personalized red Lamborghini was ready for me as the baggage handlers put all my luggage in the trunk and handed me the key.

"Mr. Conti," the valet said as I took the keys from him. I nodded at him as I went to the driver's seat. I started the ignition before speeding off from the hangar and going into the city.

The city was full of life even though the city was burning under the sun and heat of Summer. I was stopping at the traffic light as I watched a couple that was playing with their children. I smiled at the view as I remembered my own when my father and mother were still alive. The light turned green and the driver that was behind me was honking at me.

"Yeesh, relax, will you?" I said as I went to my destination, The Conti Lodges. I turned right to get into the road that was leading into the forest as it was located on the outskirt of the city. I was driving into the lodges as I parked in front of the lodges.

It was deserted as the tourist was not at that peak at this time of year. I stopped in front of the office and turned off the ignition of my car.

"This place should be better after this," I said as I got out of my car. An old man was coming outside of the office as he came to greet me.

"Ah, Mr. Conti. So glad that you could make it," he said as he shook hands with me. I smiled at him as I recognized him from the file that the old man gave to me. It was Mr. Adam, the manager of the lodges.

"So, there's not a lot of business going on?" I asked as I looked around the lodges. There was some tourist that was getting into their car to get into the city for lunch, I assumed.

"Well, there's a lot of competition around the city that the tourist loves to go to. We were in an old cabin in the woods that was recently been attacked by animals. The news spread quickly in this part of town," he said.

I was walking around to see the courtyard and the lodges of a lumberjack. I mean, who wanted to miss the opportunity to get into this cabin for once a lifetime experience?

"I need to get into one of the cabins," I asked the manager. He smiled.

"Yes, sir. I already prepare the suit to your taste—" I held out my hand as I shook my head.

"No, I want to be in one of the ordinary cabins. I want to know what is missing from the cabin. From there, I can improve the services of the cabins," I said as I walked into cabin number 13 which was near the office.

"I'll be staying in that one," I pointed to the cabin as I looked at the manager. The blood on his face was saying something horrifying that ever happened in the cabin.

"What's wrong?" I asked him as he shook his head.

"Nothing, sir. It's just that it has never been anyone in the cabin after the incident," his talk piqued my interest.

"Really? What happened?" I asked him. He shook his head as he looked at me that he did not want to talk about it.

"Fine, but I will be staying there for 6 months during my stay here," I persisted. He just sighed before went urged me to go into the office to get the keys to the cabin.