Chapter 22

Alina Dalca's POV

Since Valentino said that I have to find a sapphire that can break my obedience to my father, I have to take that chance. I don't even want to associate myself with him after what happened to my mum and what he had done to both of us, my brother and me.

"Is it still far away?" I asked my tour guide as I was walking toward the Dracula castle that was located at the end of the Transylvanian mountain.

"We will be there soon, milady," my servant said as I asked them to bring me here, to my father's legacy.

"Here we are," my servant said as we stopped in front of the gate to the castle.

"Shall we go in then?" I asked him.

"Yes, of course," he said as he went to unlock the gate. They did not have the lock with keys anymore but with padlocks.

"Wow, Dracula has modernized himself with the modern era," I said as the gate opened up and we went inside the foyer of the castle. I whistled as we went inside the castle and I looked around the castle.

There was something that brought me back to the first time my mother brought me here. I can still feel her vibes and emotions and all the stuff that made my mother. I can still feel her presence even after she had been dead for 100 years ago.

"Let's just go get that sapphire. I want to get out of here as quickly as possible," I said as I went ahead of my servant.

"Milady, wait," he said but when I went inside the castle, it closed all of sudden, trapping me inside all alone without anyone.

"Servant, where are you? How do I get there without you?" I shouted, hoping that he will heat on the other side.

"Milady, I think the castle just wants a family member to stay inside it and also to finish this quest, on their own," he said as I looked around the castle. I was in the ballroom and it was dark. But thanks to my genetics, I can see through the dark like a cat. I went ahead alone as I knew where it was located but I don't see it coming.

I went inside the ballroom and looked around I can see there was nothing that would be suspicious of becoming a trap until I stepped on a tile that went down a bit.

"Uh-oh," I said before a giant ax came ahead of me. I jumped quickly to get out of the way and landed on the tip of the ax. Then there was more ahead as it will be swinging until I can even reach the stairs.

"Well, here we go," I said as I went to jump from tip to tip of the ax. I went on and on until I landed on the stairs. The axes stopped before I heard fire from behind. On the stairs, there was something on the rail of the stairs.

"Oh great. Just great. First axes, now fire," I said as I went to avoid the fire as I somersaulted and jumped from side to side to avoid burning my body. As I went up to the top of the stairs. I took a breath as I looked at the fire-breathing hoses.

It ended before it shut down and I looked behind me to see there was a lot of room since I came here. I don't remember Vlad making some improvements in the castle.

"Not to mention the traps and shit," I said as I went inside the door that went toward the basement. I hoped that the door that went to the basement. There were a lot of doors that led to the basement but I remembered the one that my mother showed me that was the safest passage that I can know.

"Listen, Alina, you can only go to the basement with this door. Your father does not like it if I bring you here without his permission," was the thing I remember when my mother told me when I was only 80 years old.

"But, why, mother? Why father hates us visiting him?" I asked my mother as we went to see something in the basement. It was the sapphire stone that would eventually help me to fight back against my father's command.

"Because darling," my mother said as she kneeled in front of me and caressed my cheeks, "it will be over when you take the stone," she said as she smiled at me. I was on 80 years old AKA just only 8 years old in the human timeline. I did not yet understand what she was talking about but now I knew.

"I hope you're right, mother," I murmured to myself as I went down the basement and hoping that nothing will happen again.

I went down the stairs that led me to the basement. It was dark at first but the lights suddenly turned on the old fashion way. The circle of fires was lit up and I was at the end of the tunnel when I saw a sapphire stone sitting right on the podium.

"Got you," I said before the earth started to shake.

"Woah," I said as I jumped to the safety of the walls when a bunch of golems started to emerge from the sand that was covering the basement.

"Oh come on! Are you kidding me?!! Golems? What are we, in medieval times?" I shouted as the golems started to form before they roared and someone was coming outside off the podium.

"No stranger can take the sapphire and I will never let you in," the familiar voice said as I looked at the figurine.

"Mother?" I whispered as I looked at the figurine. When the lights shun on her face, it truly was my mother.

"Mother? But how? I thought you were dead," I shouted as my tears were trying to escape my eyes.

"Mother? Who is this person that you call mother? I am not your mother," she said before she hissed at me and told the golems to attack me. I was so shocked that I could not attack the golems as they kicked me and I was flying back and hit the wall making a dent in the rock wall.

"But how? You were dead, I saw it with my own eyes," I said as I looked at her walking slowly toward me. She was wearing see-through lingerie as if she was a cat walking toward me with golems behind her back.

"I am not your mother. I am the guardian of the castle and you have trespassed the property of Dracula's," she said before she ordered the golems to hold me in place. They held me by the hands and the feet.

I struggled to get out of their hold as I was looking at the person in front of me. I could not believe my eyes as I knew what I saw was my mother or just a figurine that was looking like what I imagined in my mind.

"Tu es ma mére et Je t'aime!" I said as I wanted to make sure that she would respond to me. But my effort was useless. I cannot believe that Vlad played on my emotions and I looked down as I knew the figurine was walking toward me.

"Don't be afraid, child. Master Vladislaus will make use of you as you will serve him forever of your lifetime," she said as she was about to touch me.

"No one can control me anymore," I grunted as I can feel something changing inside of me. There was something that I thought never existed but I closed my eyes as I can feel my blood rushing through my eyes and my body.

"I am Alina Braille Dalca-De Ville, the heiress to Dracula's throne and you will bow to me as you should," I said as I opened my eyes and I felt that new powers were coming from inside of me.

"My name is Alina Braille Dalca-De Ville, bow to me," I said as I was floating in the air and my eyes were looking at the figurine that was looking at me shocked.

"Impossible. The master said he disowned you," the figurine of my mother was looking at me.

"Well, guess what? I'm back, bitch," I said before I raised my hands and the stones inside the basement, floating in the air and I waved my hands at her. The stones that were floating went toward her and she was screaming to get out of them. The golems protected her and she laughed wickedly at me.

"Hahaha, you will never get past me even though you are the heiress to the throne," she said as she laughed wickedly.

"Au revoir, mannequin," I said as I looked at her. I can feel that my eyes were burning like fire. The golems were destroyed and the figurine was left with nothing. I closed my eyes and I was floating down from the air. I exhaled my breath and opened my eyes as I saw the sapphire glistening in the dark. I went closer to the podium and I took it into my hand.

"Finally, I can fight you, father. Wait for me, Kyle," I said as I went up to the door of the basement as I vampiric ran out of the castle.