Chapter 16

Luke Dalca's POV

After I congratulated the engaged couple, I went away to get some fresh air. I was never a crowd guy. The public killed me as I can feel I was stuffed in there. I went to the garden that I used to play in when I was little.

I still remembered it as it was when our mother was still alive. I sighed as I walked around the garden as it did not have its charm like before.

"Rough night?" a sweet voice came from the darkness that I was sitting alone in the dark. The dark never feared me, I was born from it.

"You could say that," I replied. I smiled as I reminded myself that I was talking to myself. My hallucination has gone worst.

"Don't you worry, you will find your light, I hope. Are you with anyone?" the voice asked again. I chuckled as I knew I might be mental after this night.

"No, I was hoping that you can help me with that, a voice without a name," I replied. The voice chuckled and from the looks of it, it was a female.

"Do you want to know me? I might be bad news to you," she replied.

"Believe me, I knew bad and you are not one," I said before the voice chuckled again.

"And why do you know that?" she asked.

"Because I am bad news myself," I said to her. I looked at the bushes and I saw a figure that was standing in the dark. I squinted my eyes before I was calling for her again. My heart sank when I was staring at the feminine figure.

"Come into the light. I want to see you," I said as I was looking straight into the figure. She knew that I was looking at her.

"Will you laugh at me?" she said as she was trying to move into the bushes more.

"I'm sure someone who commented that at you will regret it later in his life," I said as I urged her to come into the light.

"Please don't laugh or you might regret it later," she said. I chuckled at the threat as I knew I would be making a bigger one.

"Promise, stake my heart, and hope to die," I said as the figure moves into the light. As I knew it, her hair was as white as snow and her skin was pale as porcelain. What amazed me the most was her eyes. Her eyes were like cherry blossoms during spring. I was too amazed that I don't know what to do at the moment.

"What's your name?" I said without thinking.

"Charlotte," she replied.

"Well, Charlotte, I'll be damned," I said as I can't control my urge to take her now and then. Before I knew it, I went in front of her, taking her by the neck before my fangs grew and I bit her.

How strange, she did not even flinch but more excited as I can smell her juices were flowing like crazy. She moaned as I sucked on her blood.

"Oh, please, take me," she said as she hung herself to me as I was sucking her dry. I can't control it but I have to stop as I don't want to be the killer anymore. I pulled away as I can see her blood was staining her pink dress.

"Don't be afraid, I won't bite," she said as she walked toward me. I can't control it. Her blood was too strong.

"I will make sure that you will never look at everybody else but me," she said as she pulled my face to her and she did the unimaginable.

She kissed me!

Alina Dalca's POV

"Brother, where are you?" I said to myself as I was looking at the crowd from the balcony. It has been few people when it was struck 10 PM, most people have gone home as they afraid the creature of the night will be roaming around. I hope that my brother will not be hunting tonight.