Chapter 20

Kyle Conti's POV

There were a lot of people that showed up at my birthday celebration. I don't think that would be a lot of people coming to the Conti mansion after the scandal that surrounded Oronzo Conti and his mistress that went missing from the mental hospital, Lucia Ricci.

I have to say that I was shocked to hear about their affairs and also the affair of Marco and Lucia. When I thought about it, it gave me goosebumps. I was at the entrance as I greeted all my guests that came tonight.

"Hey, man. What's up? I heard you got engaged, congrats," Nicolas said as he was one of Lucca's friends and also my friend since Lucca merged our family business with his.

"Yeah, I have. I hope you don't mind that I have it first then you, Nick," I said jokingly as I elbowed him. He just laughed at my jokes.

"Ah, you and your stupid jokes. I missed them. So, how are things in Romania? Everything is good, I presume?" he said as he took a glass of champagne from the coming waitress. He winked at her but she just smiled and walked away from him.

"Well, I did manage to get a new investor from Romania, his name is Vladislaus De Ville. He is one of the major investors in Europe. He also has a great vision for the lodge," I said as I took a glass of champagne. We were sipping on our wine before Lucca decided to join in.

"Come on, birthday boy. Enjoy your party. Don't just stand around here," he said as he patted my shoulder.

"Or maybe he was waiting for his bride-to-be," Nick joked.

"Guys, come on," I said before I can sense Alina was coming down the stairs. Everyone was looking at one spot before I looked up and saw the unimaginable. Alina was standing there as she was wearing a 3/4 sleeves long red dress and she was smiling brightly against the crowd.

I was speechless at first before Lucca nudged me to get her at the end of the stair. She went down the stairs elegantly before she took my hand that was waiting for her at the end of the stairs.

"You look beautiful tonight," I said as I was looking at her face. She wore minimal makeup but it did not conceal the natural beauty of her face.

"Thank you, and so do you. You look handsome, honey," she said as she looked around and she just realized that people were staring at her.

"Kyle, why are people looking at me?" she asked. I just chuckled at her question. People just can't keep themselves from staring at her beauty.

"They just thrilled for me to announce that you're my bride-to-be," I said as I looked around the crowd and I cleared my throat.

"Ladies and gentlemen, thank you so much for coming tonight to celebrate my 27th birthday. I have been blessed that I can see you all tonight and also I want to share the special news," I said before I offered my hand to Alina and she took it.

"Family and friends, I am proud to say that this beautiful, fine lady, Alina Dalca will be my wife in one month. I am proud to share the rest of my life with her," I said before I spun her into my arms and kissed her on the lips.

"Alina, my wife-to-be," I said as the crowd cheered and clapped their hands at my unexpected announcement.

"Congratulations, Kyle, and Alina," one of my friends said.

"Thank you," I said before I went to meet some of my friends to greet and introduced Alina to them. Not to mention I needed to meet her on the board of investors.

"Gentlemen, I would like you to meet Alina, my fiancée from Romania. I supposed that you guys did not meet her yet," I said as I introduced myself to a group of lousy Italian men in their late fifties.