Chapter 6

Kyle Conti's POV

I drove in front of Cabin 13. I parked my car and switched off the engine. I got out of the car and went to knock on the door. I was being a gentleman when all I wanted to do was get inside and strip her naked and take her again and again. I smirked at myself with dirty thoughts. I cleared my throat and shook my head before knocking again.

"Who is it?" Alina's voice called out.

"It's me," I said as I was waiting for her. "Can I come in?" I asked before the door opened up and Alina was dressing in the bathrobe.

"Come in," she said as she let me past her. Our shoulders touched before I went inside the lodge. I smirked as I looked at Alina. She was smirking as well.

"What are you doing here, stranger?" she asked while closing and locking the door.

"Well, I was hoping that my plus one would be ready to go to the ball with me. But apparently, she was not close to getting ready," I said as I drew her close into my arms.

"Hmm. Is your plus one beautiful?" Alina asked as she arched her eyebrow at me. I laughed at her before kissing her on the lips. She avoided me, looking at me to answer her question.

"One of the best," I whispered before I closed the gap. Luckily, she did not turn down my kiss.

"I'll be ready in a minute," she said as she went into the bathroom. I nodded as I took off my suit and got out the maroon suit in the wardrobe.

The red dress was gone. I smirked at the thought of Alina would be wearing it. I hung my black suit before getting dressed in the new maroon suit. I was buttoning my shirt when Alina went out of the bathroom. I stopped my movement and just stared at her.

"So, what do you think?" she said before twirling around in front of me. I was stunned because she was drop-dead gorgeous. Her silky pale legs were showing off as the slit of the dress was riding up her thighs. I blinked a few times before I went toward her.

"You look amazing," I said before I kissed her. She responded to my kiss before breaking it.

"You don't look bad yourself, mister," Alina said before she helped me button my shirt before she went toward the bed to get the coat. She helped me to put it on before I smoothed it out.

"Shall we go?" I asked her before she was taking her high heels.

"Yes, let's go," Alina said, perking my lips before getting outside Cabin 13. I laughed at her retreating figure as I closed and locked the door. She put on her heels before walking down the stairs. I went after her as I went to the passenger seat and opened up the door for Alina.

"Thank you," she said as she got inside the car. I closed the door before jogging to the driver's seat. I got in before switching on the ignition. I backed up out of the parking before driving off from the lodge.

"What did you do today?" I said as I tried to make a light conversation with her. She laughed as she took my hand and kissed my knuckles.

"I'm just relaxing. The manager of the lodge did come to say hello, then nothing else. I soaked myself in the bathtub since you took me on my working hour," she said, smirking my way.

"I must make sure that you will be paid well," I said as I wiggled my eyebrows at her. "Tonight," I continued before she just laughed at my remarks.

"You're impossible, Mr. Conti," she said as she settled in her seat.

"You drive a hard bargain, Ms. Dalca," I said before looking into the road and focusing on my driving as we were going into the city. The city lighted up with its lights and neon lights as the businesses were advertising their work.

I made a sharp left turn as we went into the great view of the hotel. It was great but they could make it better. I stopped in front of the foyer before getting off. The valet was about to open the door before I stopped him.

"After you, milady," I said as I offered my hand to Alina. She gladly took it before getting out of the car.

"Thank you, kind sir," she said before standing next to me as she clung her hand to my arm with a clutch in her other hand. I gave the car key to the valet before getting inside the building with the beautiful lady beside me. I saw Iris come to me as I just arrived at my party.

"Sir, the investors are here," she said before she looked at Alina.

"You must be Ms. Dalca. Hi, I'm Iris, Mr. Conti's secretary," she said cheerfully as they shook hands.

"Call me Alina," Alina replied as Iris was instructing me to meet the future investors.

"Mr. De Ville is also there," Iris said. Alina was rigid for a second before she relaxed in my arm.

"Why don't you go to meet them while I take some food for us?" Alina said as she pushed me to follow Iris.

"Okay, I'll be right back," I said as I perked her lips before smoothing my suit and walking toward a group of people that were talking with each other.

"Gentlemen, may I be introduced to Mr. Kyle Conti, the CEO of Conti International," Iris spoke in Romanian. I have no idea what she was talking about, perhaps she told them that I don't speak Romanian hence the investors all switched to English instantly.

"You're Kyle Conti. Vlad talks a lot about you even though you just met this morning," one of them said.

"I hope only good things about me," I said as I laughed at my joke. I talked and talked some more with them as I saw Alina in my peripheral view with someone before they went outside into the balcony.

Alina Dalca's POV

As I sent Kyle to go with his secretary, I went to the table where the food was located. I fucking needed champagne as I took one of them on the tray for the passing server. I drank it in one gulp before moving on to the food.

I put the empty glass on the tray again before giving full attention to the food. I licked my lower lips as I was hungry as hell.

It was delicious as I looked at the Romanian and Italian cuisine that was being served. There was also Spanish and French food but I don't like them as much as I liked Italian. There was some carbonara spaghetti with meatballs and I just want to have some of it.

"Having fun, aren't we?" a familiar voice came into my hearing. I sighed as I tried to ignore him.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him. He just chuckled as I was taking some of the food.

"What? Can't I have some fun too?" He asked. I just rolled my eyes at him.

"With you? Over my dead body," I said as I moved away from his disturbing presence.

"Come on, Alina, lighten up. It's not like you don't like the mission that I gave you," he said as he took one of the meatballs from my plate.

"Hey!" I said as he just ignored my comment.

"Come on, sister. Listen up, dad will kill you if you don't keep your pet on the leash," he said before taking champagne and looking at someone.

"Because he is fun to mess up with," my brother said as I rolled my eyes. "And looks like he is mad that you were talking to a stranger, which happens to be your brother," he said as I watched in Kyle's direction.

He was talking to the investors before he made eye contact with me briefly. I waved at him before my brother took my hand into his. We walked outside of the ballroom into the balcony nearby.

"Let's see if we can make him jealous," he said before he dipped his head as if he was kissing me on the lips. He just stared me in the eyes as we held still for a moment.

"What are you doing?" I hissed,

"And three, two, one," he said before he was roughly being pulled and Kyle punched him square in the face. My brother dropped to the ground, laughing like a lunatic.

"Get your hands off my woman," Kyle shouted as the crowd gathered to look at what was going on.

"Kyle! Stop," I said as he took me roughly before kissing me on the lips. I enjoyed his kiss before he abruptly took me out of the balcony and we went out of the ballroom.