Chapter 9

Alina Dalca's POV

Kyle was sleeping soundly beside me as we went to bed early as Kyle has an early start tomorrow morning. I cannot help to think that my dad was involved in the reconstruction of the lodge as well as the murders that have been happening around here.

"I need to get the answer right away or Kyle might have to take the fall for it," I whispered to myself as I was caressing his face.

"I'll be back," I said as I kissed his lips briefly before getting out of bed. I went to the closet and took out my clothes and put on the black jeans and hoodie. I also put on my combat boots before getting to the front door. I looked back once more at Kyle and I hoped that he will never forget me but I have to make him leave me. For now.

"I see you again, my love," I said as I used my super-speed to clean up the mess of my clothes and I put some medicine in the water for the morning to make him forget.

"I need to visit my dear old brother," I said as I went out of the door and vampiric sped off to my old house, Dalca's mansion.

After a few minutes of running, maybe more like 30 minutes, I arrived in front of my childhood house as I looked at the carving and the architecture of the mansion. It was raining and the lightning was striking wildly in the clouds. I looked up into the rain and I can already feel the negative vibe of the mansion.

"Home sweet home," I said as I went through the front door.

It was creepy, dark, and murky, creepier than I ever remember since the last time that I stepped into this house. It has been here since the 1800s and it has never been demolished. I sighed as I looked around the hallway before I can feel a presence behind me.

"Got back so soon, sister?" Luke's voice was filling up the hallway.

"Not that I wanted to be here," I said as I went to walk ahead of him.

"Aw, is my little sister failed in her mission? What is hard to make him fall in love with you?" he whispered too close for comfort before I snatched his neck as he was gagging for help.

"And here I thought that you might have gotten stronger than me after I left. Missed practice, brother?" I said before I released him from my grip.

"Good one, little sister," he said as he gasped for air.

"Alright, where's the father?" I asked him as I crossed my hands in front of my chest.

"Well, you know. Been here and there. You know he would never settle in a place like us," Luke said angrily as he was leaning on the wall. I sighed as I looked around the hall that was filled with pictures of our family for centuries now. It was dark but I can see, after all, I was a creature of the night.

"You don't know where he is?" I asked again, trying to make sure that he did not lie to me.

"Yes, or do you skeptical of me already, sister?" He said as he arched his eyebrow at me. I scoffed at him.

"You know I would skeptical at everything," I said as I was about to leave.

"Not with your organization," he said before I stopped in my track.

"Don't pretend like I don't know a thing, Alina. You will expose us if you continue to mingle with the humans," Luke said as he was coming to me.

"Leave them behind and come home, Alina. You will be better off without them," he said as he touched my arms.

"You know I will never come back to that world. It was dull and dark and we always give in to our desires. I need more than that in life," I whispered and I was sure Luke has no problem hearing it.