Chapter 12

Alina Dalca's POV

"So, what do you do in Romania, Mr. Conti?" I tried to come off as someone that was not familiar with him yet, even though I have been sleeping with him for the past 2 weeks.

"It's quite interesting now that you asked me," he said as he wiped his mouth with a napkin.

"Please, it is not the best question that I can give you freely," I said as I was sipping on my wine.

"You see, Ms. Dalca, I have been wanting to make a change at my late father's old lodge. It has been declining forever but I think I can be the one to change that," he said as his eyes shone brightly with hope. How I missed looking into those eyes every day.

"Of course, you must have a very good reason for the sudden change of heart to come to stay in Romania compared to Italy," I said as I was cutting my beef.

"Yes, actually, I never told anyone of the reason behind it all, not even Mr. De Ville, the new investor. I have to tell you that guy gives me the creeps," he said.

"Tell me about it," I said in Romanian not to catch Kyle off guard. I smiled as I tasted the beef. It was perfection.

"So, do you want to tell me about the reason or do you just want to hang it around that I might die to know about it?" I asked him as I wiped my mouth. He cleared his throat before looking at me. My god, how can I concentrate when he did that?

"When I was little, I used to play with this cute little girl. I was about 7-8 years old at the time. My father's business was booming at the time, hence he decided to open the lodge. She lived nearby hence I always play with her because I was alone at the time, my baby brother was still a baby and my mother did not come to the lodge. Only me and my father. I always remembered her even though she was gone now," Kyle said as he was looking at his food. I took his hand into mine. The spark was still there but I ignored it.

"I'm sorry to hear that. What's her name?" I asked him before he looked up at me.

"I can't remember but I believed it was Alina as well. But different surname of course," he said as he looked at me. Our hands were still entangled with each other. I smiled into his big emerald orbs. I can get drowned in it as well as I can feel him the same way about me.

"Well, let's not dwell on the past. Shall we continue with the ledgers? I have them in digital copy. I assume that you would have a laptop?" I asked him as I looked at him.

"Oh, shoot. You did not tell me it was digital. I left my laptop at my lodge. We can make a pit stop there before I take you home," he said as he looked at me, smiling charmingly as ever.

"Very well, if you insisted. I don't want to be a trouble for you, Mr. Conti," I said as I was smiling sheepishly.

"Please, call me Kyle. I think we are way past the surname with each other," he said as he squeezed my hand.

"We have? Since when?" I said as I looked at him. I was batting my eyelashes at him.

"Since we have been talking about the past," he said in Italian, with a note that he did not know I speak Italian as well. Of course, because of the pill, I gave him.

"Shall we go to your lodge to look at the ledgers?" I asked him as I was ready to leave.

"Of course, let me help you," he said as he got up and helped me out of the chair.

"Thank you," I said as I held his hand. There was the spark again before I looked at him and smiled.

"Anytime," he said as he looked at me and guided me to his car with his hand on the lower of my back. I smiled as I knew this gesture meant we were more than employer and employee right now.