Chapter 21

Alina Dalca's POV

"What's taking him so long?" I asked myself as I was pacing back and forth in front of our bed in Kyle's bedroom. I was worried sick when he went out a couple of hours ago and hasn't returned yet. A knock disturbed me before Laura came into the bedroom.

"Oh, Alina. You haven't slept yet? It's almost 2 AM. You should sleep, dear," she said as she handed me warm milk that can eventually help me sleep.

"I'm sorry. It just...it just I am worried about Kyle," I said as I sat on the bed.

"Please, honey. Kyle is a grown-up man. I'm sure he will return soon enough," Laura said before she urged me to take a sip of the warm milk.

"Here, it might help you to get some sleep," she said as I drank the whole glass of milk just so that she would stop worrying about me.

"Thank you," I said to her as I handed her the empty glass.

"You're welcome. Now, just go to bed. I'm sure Kyle will turn up soon," Laura said before she went outside the bedroom. She looked at me one last time before she closed the door and I went to get my handphone.

It was inside the drawer near my side of the bed. I opened up and dialed Valentino's number. I knew from Alfred that he was in Italy to keep on tabs on Camila and Sabrina.

"Hello?" His groggy voice came from the other end of the line.

"Are you sleeping?" was the first question that I asked him. He sighed before clearing his throat.

"If you don't mind me, I am human. I need my beauty sleep and besides, it was 2 AM. Of course, I would be sleeping!" he said on the phone.

"Yeah, sorry. I want to ask you about something but since you're not in the mood, I just ask you in the morning," I said before I heard him sighing for the second time.

"Whatever. Besides, I am already up. Might as well help you with your request, oh Your Highness," he said sarcastically.

"Watch it, mister. You might not know that would be true," I said to him. I can feel that he was rolling his eyes at me.

"Okay, I want you to track Kyle Conti. He just went missing for the last couple of hours when Vladislaus De Ville came to see him," I said as I fired up my laptop that was connected to Val's.

"Okay, I will check all the CCTVs on Italy's highways and roads to see if they ever left the mansion," he said as I can hear that he was typing something onto the computer.

"There. I saw him. He went inside a black Lamborghini in front of the Conti mansion after Iris called him," I said as I looked at him and he was escorted by someone else. Iris did not follow him.

"Shit," I heard Valentino cursing.

"What is it?" I asked if he was seeing something that I might miss.

"Nothing. Carry on," he said as I looked at the laptop again.

"Okay, they went out for a sweet ride. The car turned right and went into the highway," I said as I went to look at the car disappearing. I clicked on the highway CCTVs, wishing that the car would turn up and I knew where were they going.

"There! It came on the exit at a countryside-looking road," I said as I was looking into the camera.

"Damn, that was a road to the Amalfi Coast," Val said.

"What!" I said before I discontinued the phone call and closed the laptop. I knew that my father has a factory on the Amalfi coast and I needed to stop him before he did anything to Kyle, my soulmate. The phone rang again and I was doubting that Val was calling me.