Chapter 7

Kyle Conti's POV

Red, red, red. All I could see was red as I saw that Alina and the strange man were kissing. On the lips, from my point of view.

"So, what do you think of the improvement that you will make to the lodges?" one of the older gentlemen was talking to me. We were talking and discussed the investment that they loved to make in my new project.

"I will try to improvise the condition of the lodges. I have been living there since I have been here and we can do a lot of improvising on that part. I also saw there used to be a path for the tourists to go for a morning walk and also to go to the beautiful lake that was located near the Transylvanian alps. So, I would much like to focus on the ecotourism of the lodge," I said as I went to focus on Alina and that stranger. I was holding my glass tightly before someone was coming from the back.

"What did I tell you? This gentleman is a genius. Cheers to our new moneymaker," Mr. De Ville said as he was patting me on the back. I nodded at him as I was sipping on my champagne and the gentlemen were asking me for my card. I passed it around as I saw Alina walking with that man outside.

Bloody hell!

"So, Kyle, when can we sign the new deal?" Vlad asked as I was focusing on the other matter on my hand. I returned to look at his handsome face before smiling charmingly.

"Iris!" I called my secretary before she popped out of nowhere.

"Yes, sir?" she said as she was standing next to me.

"Why don't you show these gentlemen where they can get their sign for the investment, will you? I'll be back," I said as I was hurrying up to get out there and took my woman from that horrible stranger.

"Hey, where you going? Why the rush?" Vlad said as he was asking for my presence. I turned to look at him.

"I have some issues to be solved. Talk to you soon!" I said as I rushed toward the balcony and went out through the French doors. I saw that he was towering over Alina. I rushed to get his hands off her.

"Get your hands off my woman," I shouted as the crowd gathered to look at what was going on.

"Kyle! Stop," Alina said before I kissed her on the lips. I broke the kiss before I abruptly took her out of the balcony and we went out of the ballroom.

I don't care about what people think of me but I needed to claim this woman. I can see the older gentlemen that were happy to be my investor were looking our way. I nodded at them before getting out of there. I hoped I can still save my investment for the project after the embarrassment that I have done.

Alina Dalca's POV

"Kyle, where are we going? Kyle!" I screamed at the top of my lungs as Kyle was driving like a lunatic. I did not know what was coming over him, he just left the party that could potentially help him to rebuild the lodge.

"Kyle, stop! You're being ridiculous," I screamed as I looked at Kyle. His face was hard and his knuckles were white from holding the steering wheel so hard. He turned a sharp right before he parked in the deserted area of an alley. He parked it before switching off the ignition.

"Damn it!" he screamed as he was punching the wheels. I stayed silent as I waited for him to let go of his rage. He was exhaling deeply before he closed his eyes to calm himself down.

"Kyle—" I said but he stopped me as he held up his hand. I stayed silent again as I was waiting for him to let me speak.

"Who. Is. He?" Kyle asked through gritted teeth. I looked up at him as he was staring at me with his emerald orbs. I sighed as I don't want to get involved with that family again.

"He's nobody," I said before he smashed the wheel again. I jumped at his reaction before he rubbed his face.

"I ask you one more time. Who. Is. He?!" Kyle said as he looked at me with those intense eyes. I looked out of the window of the car as I don't want to get into the detail of that. He pulled me by the chin to look him in the eye and say it. I sighed before I spoke the truth.

"I haven't seen him in a while after I left. He's...my brother," I said as I looked at him with sincerity that I just blurt out the truth a part of my past. He looked at me before he pulled me into a kiss. I closed my eyes to feel his lips on me. He broke it before I can fully enjoy it.

"Thank god, I thought you were cheating on me," Kyle said as he rubbed his chest. I scoffed at his reaction.

"What are we now, an item?" I scoffed before I looked ahead. I stayed silent for a while before Kyle did something embarrassing to me.

"Argh!" I screamed as he pulled me onto his lap as my dress was straddling my thighs and I was holding onto his neck.

"What are you doing?!" I hissed at him. Kyle just laughed at me as he was caressing my cheek.

"You never told me you have a brother, or a family for that matter," he said. I looked at him, in bewilderment before I rolled my eyes at him.

"There's a lot of things that you don't know about me," I whispered as I was caressing his chest up and down. He just chuckled before he just kissed me on the lips. I pulled him closer as our lips were touching. After a while, I broke the kiss as I wanted to get some air for my lungs.

"I supposed you don't have anything going on tomorrow?" Kyle asked as he was looking at me and there was a lump that was touching my thigh.

"Oh, what do you have in mind?" I said seductively.

"You'll see if we make it early this time to get home," he said. I chuckled before getting off his lap and onto my seat again.

"Well, what are you waiting for?" I said before Kyle started the ignition and drove off to get to the lodge as quickly as possible.

Luke Dalca's POV

"Well, looks like she did what she was asked for," a voice said, speaking in Romanian as I was sipping on my champagne. I scoffed at him as he was just taking a glass of champagne that was passing through in front of us.

I sip the champagne again before looking at him. You can tell that he was aged and probably the father of a family that he perhaps has or had. I looked at him casually before putting a cherry into my mouth.

"What can I say? She can be very persuasive," I said as I was munching on the cherry.

"Then, perhaps that diversion earlier would draw the investors away from Conti International. With his anger and temper just now, I think those gentlemen would never be able to trust that guy again," he said as I was sipping on the champagne.

I don't want to argue with the old man as I have nothing to say about the matter. But there was one thing that made me so curious about why was he so persistent in not having the lodge that was owned by Conti International go bankrupt.

"Can I ask you a question then?" I asked as I looked at him. He looked at me before chuckling at my curiosity.

"Why the curiosity? You know that curiosity can kill the cat, boy," he said. "But, I would rather hear this question of yours but that does not mean I will answer it for you," he continued.

"Why are you so permanent not having those grounds in the forest to be developed to be modern and civilized?" I asked as I was sipping on my wine. He chuckled before putting down his drink.

"Did you know the history of Transylvania?" He asked. I nodded as I was born and raised in Romania. It was a part of my history and my eternal life.

"Then you must know that your ancestral home was around that corner and might I suggest that you go visit it once in a while," he said before putting his drink down and smoothing his suit.

"I would do that if you stop being so cynical," I said before I looked at him, "Father," I said before my father just smiled at me. He stood up and walked out on me, just like he did with my mum. I gripped my knuckle so hard that I drank my champagne and went out of the party.