Chapter 25

Kyle Conti's POV

I have been watching Alina fight, Vlad, as she was jumping around and Vlad was strange indeed. He has an appearance that I don't know how to explain. I was silent the whole battle before he disappeared into thin air. I was so shocked to see Alina in her unusual appearance.

Her eyes were red as blood and her hair was black as night. Her skin was pale as porcelain and her mouth has two fangs sticking out. I walked slowly as Luke and Charlotte were chatting with her. I arrived a few minutes later before she looked at me. Luke and Charlotte left us alone to have a private chat about what has been happening in these past few days.

"Kyle, I—" was the last thing that she said as I held my hand.

"I'm sorry. I cannot look at you with this appearance. I don't know if I could love you anymore. I'm sorry, Alina," I said before I went out of the warehouse. Luke was calling after me as I thought Luke might be the same as his sister.

"Kyle, wait! I have something to give you," Luke said before he pulled out a letter with a seal on it.

"Alina wants you to have this. Read it first and then you decide what to do with it," he said before he ran back toward Charlotte and Alina. They were looking at me as Charlotte was looking at me and holding Luke's hand.

Luke was nodding his head at me before he and Charlotte disappeared into thin air. I looked at Alina as she was looking sadly at me. I turned around as I cannot face her right now after what I just witnessed. When I turned again to look at her, she already disappeared.

*****

Laura and Lucca have been worried sick about me when I did not get home for the last 3 days. The police have been searching everywhere in Rome as that was the last time I spent my time before my disappearance.

Laura was crying as she went to hug me when I was delivered home after I was walking from the warehouse before the police spotted me and took me home. I hugged her as I knew she must be worried.

As for Lucca, my brother-in-law, he was calm as ever but he also hugged me as he was worried sick when Laura did not want to eat before I was found. I just laughed as he punched me in the arm before they let me go to my room to take a shower.

I took off my clothes as I stripped down in the bathroom before getting inside the shower and letting the warm water flow onto my body. I closed my eyes as I can still feel Alina's hands on my body.

I opened my eyes as I was washing my face and got off from the shower. I took the towel and wrapped my lower body around it. I went to the counter and wiped the foggy mirror as I can see Alina in the mirror behind me.

I turned around to look but she was never there. I held my head as I thought I might be turning insane. I shook my head before I noticed the letter that Luke gave me from Alina. I decided to take a look at it as I took it off my pants and went out of the bathroom.

I went to sit at the dressing mirror I took off the official seal and opened it with my hands. I took out the letters that were inside the envelope before I started to read it.

"Dear Kyle, I knew that we met under unusual circumstances when you saw me the first time at the restaurant and you asked me to go on a date with you. It was not a consequence as I planned to get you into my web of deceit since you came to Romania.

"I knew that you owned the land that my father, Vladislaus De Ville tried to reclaim for his gain. I have to stop him by any means necessary even if it means hurting you the most.

"I have to use my charms and your love toward me to stop my father from advancing onto that land as I am sure he will use it for his evil scheme. I am sorry if you felt betrayed, hurt and frustrated because of me.