Chapter 37

Kyle Conti's POV

After Alina fell asleep on the bed, I went out to get some fresh air. It was almost midnight but being new as a creature of the night, I have more energy than I ever knew I had since I was a human.

I felt alive with my senses being more sensitive and all. I went out of the lodge and locked it not wanting Alina to be in danger. I went to the pavement of the trail as I went up to get some fresh air and looked out the view.

I was walking up the pavement when something was disturbing me. I sensed that I was being followed. I thought it was only my imagination but now that it has been 15 minutes or so, I knew it was not my imagination.

"If you don't want to get smashed, you better come out now!" I shouted into the woods as I looked around my surrounding.

"I count until 3. 1...2...3..." I said before something was flying through my face and I can feel the smoke getting inside my mouth before I passed out and I was in the darkness, not knowing what just happened.

I tried to open my eyes as I was passing out on the trail, in the middle of the night. I cannot feel my legs and arms and I felt like I was talking as if someone else was controlling my own body.

"What is happening?" I thought as I looked out with my eyes. I saw that Alina was being hurt and no one else was there. It's only me and her.

"What is going on?!" I shouted at the top of my lungs but I knew that I don't have the power to control what my body did. I saw some stones flying toward Alina but thankfully she managed to get out the harm's way.

"Alina! Can you hear me?!" I shouted at the top of my lungs as I was trying to get it out.

"Alina, Alina. Alina!" I shouted before I was shut down again in the darkness.

Alina Dalca's POV

After Kyle said that he was possessed by Jason, I knew that I have to get him out of Kyle's body. I don't ever encounter the dead possessing a living thing but I have to try to get Jason out of him.

"What do you want, Jason? I thought you were gone for good when I have killed you 2 years ago," I said as I did not hide the fact that I was the one responsible to kill him.

"Ah, getting more open, are we? Well, aren't you a changed woman? It's just that I was sad that my ex was not inviting me to her wedding. So, how was married life? Enjoying it much?" He said as he was smirking at me.

I wanted to gag as he was trying to smooth-talking me with his vampire power. I knew that I don't get infected by him but I have to get him out of Kyle no matter what. Suddenly something happened. I can sense that Kyle was coming to the surface in his own body.

"What is going on?" Kyle's voice was coming out of his mouth before he scooted down on the ground.

"This new husband of yours is really strong. I was surprised to know that he just turned into the creature of the night just a couple of weeks ago. It must have been his fate to be undead with you," he said as he was looking at me before he stood up.

"But it is time to get you both dead. Too bad he just get to know about you a bit shorter than I did," he said as he waved his hands and some stones were flying toward me. I got enough strength to get out of their way. I have to think of something before Jason was stuck in that body forever.

"Well, what can I say? Kyle is a natural at being a vampire," I said as I wanted to make him go mad and lose focus.

"Argh, you always like this, Alina. No matter, I will make you regret you ever choose him over me," Jason said as he was coming at me. I jumped from my spot and landed on the branch of the tree above his head.