Chapter 18

Kyle Conti's POV

"So, Rose, what made you come back to Italy?" Laura asked as she did not know that I just broke up with her before I went to Romania. I don't like it when Laura was just being the good little sister that she was but if she let Rose come to my birthday party, I will bust out of the country.

"I was in the country to do some research on some minerals that will be used to make jewelry. Don't Kyle tell you? I am in the jewelry business," Rose said as she looked at me, trying to have my support. I just sipped on my drink as I don't want to talk with her.

"Oh, that's nice. So, you have something that can help me to have a new bracelet or pendant, then?" Lucca asked as he looked at Rose. She looked at Lucca but when she saw the wedding band, she just smiled at him.

"Yes, sir. I work with one of the top business corporations from Denmark," she said as she sipped on her orange juice.

"What was the name of the company?" Lucca replied.

"I can't remember, maybe it was York or something," she said as she took some scrambled eggs and bacon before putting them into her mouth.

"Ah, I thought you might be working with one of my friends, he owns one of Denmark's biggest jewelry businesses as well," he said as he took a sip of his drink.

"Oh my, what a small world! Maybe I might have been interacting with him during my working experience," Rose said as I eyed her from afar. I needed some distraction as I don't want to be in the same room with her. Laura knew what I was thinking hence she called us to have some tea in the library.

"Why are you here, Rose?" I asked her as I pulled her to the side as we were heading toward the library.

"Nothing. Laura thinks that we are still together so she sent me a message as you were back in Italy last night. I knew how jet lag can get you so I will let your anger slide for this time," she said as she patted my cheeks.

"Get off me before I make you," I said as I was heading toward the library alone and left Rose there by herself. I opened the library door and saw a figure that I did not see during breakfast. She has auburn hair that reached her butt and she was talking with Lucca very animatedly, more than my liking. I don't know what was wrong with me but I felt some kind of attraction to her like I have known her my whole life.

"Kyle! You did not tell me that you're engaged," Laura said as she went to hug me.

"What!" I heard a scream at the door. Rose was standing there before she recomposed herself.

"I mean, when did this happen?" she said as she was walking toward us.

"I don't recall myself getting engaged with anyone," I said as I looked at Laura confused. When the mysterious woman turned, my heart skipped a beat. She had the deepest blue eyes that I ever saw.

"Honey, we just got engaged, remember? I mean you told me that you love me last night when you fled the party. I searched for you and here you are, back in Italy without telling me," she said as she looked at me like I needed to understand her sign.

"What? What party?" I asked confused.

"This woman is lying. Kyle doesn't even remember that you ever get engaged," Rose said as she was taking quick steps with her heels. I rolled my eyes at her attempt to walk properly.

"You don't remember me, honey? I'm Alina, your fiancée," she said as she took my hand. I can feel the jolt of electricity as we touched.

"Can I talk to you for a second?" Alina said as she dragged me out of the room. We went out of the library and went to stand under the stair, far from anyone. How did she know that this stair doesn't have that many people using it?