Chapter 2

Kyle Conti's POV

As the morning came by into my lodge, I went for a run in the forest. It was calming and had a sense of nature. I breathed in the fresh air as I jogged along the trails that were available around the lodges. I made a note to make sure it was included in the new pamphlet that I was working on.

After dinner last night, I looked over the accounting and finance of the lodges and it has been declining since my father's death. It was not long ago when Oronzo Conti was found dead in his mansion before Laura, my youngest sister came home from Albania. It was a shock to everyone, especially me since I have been beside my father for most of my life.

I stopped to catch my breath before inhaling deeply. I exhaled it before I sensed something was watching me in the woods. I turned around to look but there was nothing but the bushes and forest.

"Hello?" I asked as I walked toward the forest.

"Is anyone there?" I asked again when silence filled the surrounding.

I was about to walk into the bushes before Mr. Adam was calling me from the lodging, telling me the breakfast was ready. I turned around to walk back to the lodges before I can feel chills as something was looking at me. I shook my head before heading back toward the lodges.

"Here's some breakfast that we prepared for you, sir," Mr. Adam said as he showed to me the food on the table.

"Thank you, Mr. Adam," I said as I took a seat in front of the table.

"Please, sir, call me Lance," Mr. Adam, I mean, Lance told me as he also took a seat in front of the table. We have some simple breakfasts like scrambled eggs, bacon, and French toast. It was delicious as I was just making small chats with Lance until something came into my mind.

"So, Lance, I have a question for you about the incident that happened at the lodges a couple of months ago," I said before Lance froze as he took the French toast. He chuckled nervously as he looked at me.

"Mr. Conti, I think you misheard about the news. There was no such thing happened at the lodge," he said as he looked at me with the hope that I would drop the news. I smiled at him before asking him again.

"Lance, I am the owner of this lodge as well as other businesses around Europe. I need to know why it was declining and from what I have been reading from the report claim, they said it was some animal attacks on the lodgers," I said as I pleaded for him to tell me what the hell was going on. He sighed as he looked at me with all seriousness on his old face.

"What do you know about Romanian history, Mr. Conti?" He asked me.

"Nothing, perhaps a little. And please Lance, call me Kyle," I said as I looked at him. Since we were on a first-name basis, he should as well.

"Well, Kyle, since you do not know at all, we need to start from the beginning. Since the beginning of time—" he started before my phone rang.

"Excuse me," I said as I took the phone call outside of the main office.

"Hello?" I asked as I don't know the number.

"Mr. Conti, this is Iris, your secretary in Italy. I heard that you need to do a charity ball to attract investors and to promote the lodge. I have a list of the potential investors that would be interested to invest in the lodge," she explained as I learned about this news.

That old man. I only told him about my plan and now he helped me to set up the charity ball.

"Hi, Iris, nice to meet you, well, talking to you. I want to know where you get the information about the plan for an investor?" I said I was clutching my palm on my phone.