Chapter 27

Alina Dalca's POV

It has been Wednesday when the machine and all the noises started to make their music when I was just sleeping in the lodge.

"Ugh, can anyone just stop being too noisy in the morning?" I groaned as I was laying on my bed as looked up at the ceiling. I huffed when I got up and saw a familiar figure outside the lodge. I blinked and then he was gone.

"Maybe I'm still dreaming right now. Huh, get over it, Alina," I said as I was slapping my temple to get my head out of the gutter.

"He would never come back here, not after what had happened," I said as I went out of bed and went into the shower. I stripped off my clothes as I was stepping inside the shower. I took a long, warm shower as I knew it would be great at this time. I wanted to get him out of my system I looked at the ceiling when I can feel the shower water hitting my back.

"I've missed you, Kyle," I said as I looked at my engagement ring. I never took it off as I knew he would eventually come back if I was able to keep my secret to myself but after that event, I don't think he would understand.

"So much for my high hope," I said before I switched off the faucet and took the towel to wrap it around my body. I went out of the shower and went to brush my teeth and wash my face. I took last night's clothes as I put them on again and took my phone, wallet, and keys. I got out of my lodge and locked it before someone came from behind me.

"Hello," a voice came to startle me from behind.

"Argh," I said as I looked behind who was it.

"Ah, sorry to scare you. I'm Marco, the brother of the owner here. Are you Alina Dalca?" he asked me as he was eyeing me up and down. I was a skeptic of this person but I just ignored it. My vampire senses told me that he was one of the good guys.

"Yes, and why are you asking me?" I asked as I was eyeing him up and down as well. His blond hair was shining under the sunlight and his green eyes were holding mischief in them.

"I was wondering if you would like to go out on a date with me?" Marco asked as I was bewildered by his straightforwardness.

"I know that I am direct so I was hoping to see you tonight?" he said as he took my hand into his.

"Um, err..." I stuttered as I don't know what to do.

"Please, you just need to say yes if you want Kyle to come and get you," he whispered as my eyes went big as saucers.

"Do you mean—" I asked before he cut me off.

"Meet me at the restaurant where you used to work and you will have your answer tonight," he whispered again before taking off.

"But I don't have anything to wear," I shouted at him.

"I know you will," he said before smiling as he was running backward. Seriously, this guy was so hard to read.

"Okay," I whispered before I went to the parking lot and unlocked my car. I got in and put on the ignition before I drove off from the lodge. I might as well buy a new dress for tonight since I have nothing to do and with the hope that Kyle would eventually come.

Marco Conti's POV

Since I have been coming here at the lodge, Kyle has been distracted with something, or rather someone. He has not been concentrating much as he would lock himself in his office at the main building and when I went to visit, he was still looking at the computer.

"Hey, brother, I have some great news that I wanted to share with you since you don't want to share it with me," I said as I took a seat in front of his desk. Kyle was still looking at the computer and I was pretty sure that he was looking at Alina.