Chapter 13

Kyle Conti's POV

I have been awake for more than hours now after I have made love to the person that was beside me. I just met her last night and here I was thinking about proposing to her. I cannot be that insane to get married as my father's lawyer had called me last night with terrible news.

"Kyle, you have been 27 years old this year. You need to get married to get the full inheritance from your father and the CEO title will be yours. I don't care if you don't love your future wife, but we need to save Conti International.

"Your brother-in-law has done anything that he can to help you. but, the investors are more powerful now than before you got your father's share. Hurry up and fax me the marriage certificate. We can stop the deal before the end of the week," was the message that I got from him. I have to think right away or I might lose everything that I have worked for.

"Hey, why are you waking up so soon? It does not even dawn yet," Alina said as she was caressing my back. I was backing her as I looked outside the window of my lodge and thought about what I will have to say to her.

"Alina, can I ask you a question?" I asked her.

"What is it?" she replied.

"Do you believe in love at first sight?" I said to her as I turned to look deeply into her eyes. She furrowed her eyebrows before she spoke, breaking the silence between us.

"Why so sudden this morning?" She said as she looked at my serious face.

"You can't be serious," she said as I did not budge from my seat.

"Oh my god," she said as she stood up from her side.

"Are you engaged?" She asked me. I was taken aback by such a question but I calmed down before I sighed.

"I don't know. No, I guess. I just have a glimpse of my old memory with someone but I don't even sure that my memory of that person was real. But, I knew that my memory with you is real and I want that, every second of my life." I said before licking my lips to ask her the important question of them all.

"Ms. Alina Dalca, will you be the honor of being my wife?" I asked her as I kneeled in front of her as took her hand into mine. She was shocked, to say the least, but mostly she was speechless.

"I... I... I don't know. We just met yesterday and now you were—" was the last thing that she said as I kissed her on the lips, hard.

"It doesn't matter to me how long have we known each other but all I knew is that I want you for myself and I don't want to have sex other than you," I said as I scooped her and dumped her on the bed before I went on top of her.

"Marry me, Alina. Please," I begged her as I looked into her eyes, into her soul and I knew that her soul was purer than mine, I assured her of that.

"No regrets?" Alina asked me as she looked at me.

"Never," I said before she nodded yes to me. I smiled at her before kissing her again and took her into the blissful life of having my soulmate in my life, for the first time.

It was the morning after I popped the question. After she said yes, I went to text my lawyer that I have met someone special and had already engaged to her. He did not yet reply to me but I hoped that he would soon for the next step.

"Honey, what are you doing?" I asked her as I went to the tiny kitchen that I have in my lodge. I saw that Alina was taking the liberty to clean the place up.

"We need to get this place in order. It was a mess and I can't leave with a mess," she said as she was picking up my dirty clothes and putting them into the laundry basket.