Chapter 39

Alina Dalca's POV

My mother has always told me that I was special and I was the only one that can set us free. My family, The House of Dalca, has always been proud of our heritage to be the original Romanian population since the country was formed.

My ancestors were the proudest warriors to fight for the independence of the country as well as how we acted in the world that was concealed by humans.

"Remember your proud root, Alina. Do not let him ruin it," my mother's last wish as she was lying on her death bed.

"Mother, please, I don't understand," I said as I only remembered that I was 15 years old at the time.

"You will understand when you get older, dear. I believe in you," she said as she drew her last breath.

"Mother, NO!" I screamed as I was closing in on her lifeless body. I was sobbing so hard that I cannot even remember what was going on at that time. I remembered that I was being dragged by my so-called father as he was coming to the mansion to claim me as his firstborn.

"You will forget about her and move on. I don't want you to be useless to me, as your mother," he said as he was looking cynical at me. I was sobbing hard that I just stared at his face. He was a handsome, young man I remembered his face did not change for the last decades. I thought he was special and kind but it turned out that he was only faking it.

"You may address me as 'sir' but when we were making an appearance in the public, I want you to call me 'father'," he said as he was looking at me like it was nothing. He stood in the way of the hallway as I was settled in my new bedroom at his castle.

I knew that he was bad news as he was the reason that my mother was dying and died. I blamed him for everything that he did to my family and also my brother.

"Where's my brother?" I asked boldly before he looked at me, glaring murderously.

"Sir," I said ask bowed at him. He smirked as he was in control of the house.

"Your brother will not be joining us, he will have a different role and use for me in this household. Don't you worry, he will be a great man after this, I can promise you that," he said as he was looking proud of the evil scheme that he had for my brother?

"Like how you made my mother an evil witch?" I said before he appeared in front of me so quickly that I don't have time to react. He held my neck before he snarled at me.

"Do not speak of her while I am around or I will break this neck like it was a toothpick, understood?" He hissed as I was holding his hand for air. I nodded quickly so that he will break it, well not now, not ever.

"Understood, sir," I stuttered as his grip was deadly.

"Good, now be a good girl and study," he said before dropping me to the ground.

*****

I gasped as I woke up from my sleep as I was dreaming about the past. I don't believe that I still have a nightmare since I was the creature of the night. I don't do a nightmare.

"Love, what's wrong?" Kyle asked as he went to my side, vampire speed. I was huffing for breath as I can sense that it was a very vivid dream. I knew that I went through that I never thought that even though Vlad was gone for good, it still haunted me.

"Nothing, it was just a memory of my mother," I said as I was holding my temple and closed my eyes.

"Well, don't scare me like that. I can sense that your heartbeat was beating so fast. Do you want to talk about it?" Kyle asked as he looked at me while caressing my cheeks. I leaned into his touch as I missed it, actually need it.