Chapter 26

Alina Dalca's POV

I just turned up to get the closest spot at the lodge. I stopped the ignition and closed all the windows before I went out of the car. The fall sun was setting in as it was almost dark. I went to the office to get my reservation.

I walked from the parking lot to the main office. I looked at lodge number 13 as my memories of Kyle and me there. I sighed before I pushed the door and walked through the main office.

"Welcome, how may I help you?" The receptionist said as she looked at me. I smiled at her as I went to the counter.

"One reservation for Alina Dalca," I said as I was tapping on the counter.

"One moment please," she said as she was typing away on the computer.

"Ah, here it is. One reservation for Dalca, Alina. You wished to stay until the end of the week?" she asked to confirm my reservation.

"That's the plan," I said as I looked at her.

"Okay, I will check you in," she said as she was typing in.

"Excuse me, can I stay in cabin 13?" I said as I looked at her.

"Oh, I'm sorry, ma'am. That was for our special guest of the evening. He will be here soon so I can't put you there," she said as she looked at me.

"Can I know who was it?" I asked her as I was trying to get the information and I was hoping it was him.

"It is one of the families that own this lodge. I believe it was Marco Conti," she said.

"Oh, very well then, it's fine," I said as I was leaning against the counter. She went up to get the keys for me.

"Here you go, your lodge will be number 7, right to the left side of the parking," she said as she handed me the keys.

"Thank you," I said as I went off the main office. I stopped in my track before getting back to the counter.

"One more thing, is Mr. Adam here?" I asked the receptionist.

"Mr. Adam has been retiring since last week. But we have a new manager. Do you want me to call him?" She asked.

"No, that would be unnecessary," I said before I looked at the lodge before I went to my lodge.

"Here's go nothing," I said as I put the keys into the lock and unlocked the door. I pushed it open as I went to switch on the light. To my surprise, nothing was happening.

No Kyle, no surprise, nothing.

I sighed before I closed the door and went to lie on the fluffy bed.

"At least the bed is now fluffy than before," I said as I was trying out the bed. Something changed as I looked at the surrounding of the cabin. It has many amenities that it did not have before. There were a mini-fridge, hangers, free stuff in the bathroom, and towels with a bathrobe.

"I like it better this time," I said as I closed my eyes before sleep took over me.

Kyle Conti's POV

"I like it better this time," the sweet voice in the camera stirred something in me. I cannot control it anymore. She was in front of me but I cannot approach her just like that. I needed to plan it perfectly to get her to like me again. I knew that our relationship was messed up but I knew I can fix it.

"Just wait, honey. I will take you back," I said as I was looking at the computer.

"Hey, Kyle, do you want to get some dinner?" Marco asked me as he was lurking from the door.