Chapter 30

Alina Dalca's POV

I could never believe that Kyle survived the transition. It has 50% of not succeeding like what happened to my mother but I don't want to dwell on that since my soulmate has been one of us. A vampire, forever together with me.

"How are you feeling?" I asked as I took a seat beside him as we were lounging in front of the swimming pool after Kyle has been waking up from his transition just hours ago.

"Fine, I guess. It's just that I don't just get what I have been dreaming of during my transition. Do you have that kind of dream as well?" He asked as he looked at me. I took his hands as I smiled at him.

"I don't have a transition process since I am a true-born vampire. I don't get to dream as you did. What is it like?" I asked as I wanted to know what he had gone through unlike me who was a vampire at birth.

"I don't know, there are too many people that I met. You would not believe that I met my father, mother, and also, your mother," he said as the last bit attracted me to listen to him more.

"What did she tell you?" I asked as I wanted to get to know my mother more.

"It's just something random," he said as he was rubbing his neck. I arched my eyebrow at him.

"What did she tell you?" I demanded as I was looking at him as was straddling his lap.

"Nothing, I swear," Kyle said but I was still not convinced.

"I swear, Kyle Conti if you did not tell me—" I threatened as he was surrendering himself.

"Okay, okay. She told me that I will want blood and that Luke can help me to cure my urge to have human blood. Please do not kill me," he said as he was blocking his face.

"Is that all she said to you? Did she say anything to me or convey a message or something?" I asked as I was hoping to have some news from her. Kyle shook his head.

"No, she did not," Kyle said as he was holding me by the waist. I just realized that I was straddling him and I can feel a little budge under his pants.

"Kyle!" I exclaimed as he just smiled sheepishly at me. I laughed with him as I knew that my life has been completed with him by my side.

"Come, I want to show you something," I said as I got off him and dragged him from the swimming pool as we went to the attic.

"What is it?" Kyle asked. I giggled as I knew he would love it.

"You got to see it first but you have to close your eyes," I said as I was closing his eyes when we were in the attic.

"Are you ready?" I asked him as I went to check if he had properly closed his eyes.

"Yup, I can't see anything here," he said before I opened the door and pushed him inside with me.

"Okay, ready? Surprise!" I said as I opened his eyes and the lamps. It was glistening with lamps and candles that were ruminating in the attic.

"What is this all about?" Kyle asked me as I looked at him while I pushed him to take a seat on the floor.

"I just wished that when you woke up as a new person, I want to celebrate it as your new birth. And then here it is! Your birthday party," I said as I was holding the cake in front of me.

"I did not know what you would like to have for your cake, so I just choose the common one, chocolate," I said as I looked at him smiling sheepishly.

"It's lovely. Thank you, Alina, I appreciated it," he said as he pulled me to kiss on the lips. I put down the cake to the side as I wanted to get on top of him.