Chapter 4

Kyle Conti's POV

After I paid for my meal, I was happy to know that Alina was flirting back with me. I was pretty sure that she would not resist my charm and would agree to go to the charity ball with me. I was waiting in my car silently as I was looking at her cleaning up and restoring the restaurant for its close down.

I was sitting, waiting for her to get out of the restaurant at the entrance. I saw her getting off for the kitchen at the back, probably to take out some trash. I was waiting and waiting until it was 15 minutes went by.

I looked at my watch as my mind was thinking good thoughts of what would be happening back there. I was worried enough that I got out of my car and went to the back alley of the restaurant to see what was taking her so long.

I walked around the building to get to the dumpster. I heard some talking in a foreign language that I don't understand, which I assumed was Romanian.

"Or you would face the consequence of disturbing a woman in the dark," I said in English as I was hoping that the thug would understand. But he did not budge from his standing.

"I said, get out of here," Alina shouted at the thug before he did something. He went to get Alina before I ran toward them. I was worried that Alina might be hurt as I wanted to kill this man for taking an interest, in my woman.

Woah, my woman, where did that come from?

"Stop," I shouted in English as I grabbed the man's hand that was holding Alina's arm. I turned him around before punching him in the face. He staggered back a couple of steps before looking at me with Alina's hiding behind me.

"Get out of here before you regret it," I threatened him before he staggered back again and disappear into the alley. I turned to look at Alina before looking at her bruised arm.

"Are you okay?" I asked in Italian as I looked at her arm.

"I'm fine, thanks," she said before trying to get up. She staggered as her knees were weak. I helped her up as I carried her in bridal style.

"It's fine. I can walk," Alina said as I was carrying her inside the restaurant. I put her down when we were inside and she quickly went to lock the door.

"Sorry, that was untaken for," Alina said as she looked at me. She tried to look strong when I knew she was shaking. I went to hug her and for the first time, I felt electric with our touch.

"I'm sorry. I should wait for you inside," I said as I hugged her tightly hoping that she can hear my heartbeat beating fast for her.

Alina Dalca's POV

Kyle hugged me so suddenly really shocked me to the core. I was taken aback before I pretended it was nothing. I have lived for 240 years in an immortal's lifetime but nobody has ever done this to me before.

To care, to give, to love.

I was leaning into his hug and was about to return the favor before my phone was ringing. I broke the hug before picking up the phone.

"Hello?" I asked in Romanian.

"Have you closed down the restaurant?" Maria's voice was ringing through the phone.

"No, I was just about to," I said as I looked at Kyle.

"Well, hurry up. Be safe, Alina," she said as I mumbled yes before hanging up.

"Who was it?" Kyle asked in Italian as he looked at me.

"It was Maria, she just want to check in, said that we need to lock it up quickly," I said as I took Kyle's hand and led him out of there. We were standing in front of the entrance as I was locking up. Kyle waited patiently before I turned toward him and smiled.