Chapter 15

Kyle Conti's POV

After Alina announced that she was engaged to me, the butler, or whoever he was, organized an engagement party for both of us. I was so happy that Alina has finally come clean on our terms of relationship but my head has been spinning nonstop these days.

"Honey, are you ready?" Alina asked me as I was staring at myself in the mirror as I was in my black suit for the party. I saw through the mirror that Alina was wearing a spaghetti-strap red dress it hung her figure well. I might have to punish some people who stared at her tonight.

"Almost, dear. I just don't get the tie right," I said as I was trying to strap the tie in the right place. Aline went to my side before she turned me to her.

"Let me," she said as she took the tie from my hand.

"Be my guest," I said as she pulled me closer to her. She wrapped the tie around my neck and helped me tie the bowtie. I looked at her concentrated face as she was so focused that she forgot about me.

"You look beautiful tonight, I'm afraid that I have to kill everyone that tries to get to you," I said as I was caressing her hair.

"Hmm, I like it when you tried to take control over me, honey," she said as her deep blue eyes were staring at me.

"Is everything in place?" I asked her. She looked at me as if she was satisfied with her work on my necktie.

"Looks good. Yeah, everything is done and will be ready when you're ready to descend the stairs with me," she said as she was checking herself in the mirror.

"Yeah, I'm ready. Let's get this party started," I said as I was chuckling at her. She took my hand as she dragged me out of the bedroom. We stopped for a moment at the stairs.

"There's one thing that you need to know," she said as Alina looked at me. I arched my eyebrow at her as I waited for her explanation.

"Maybe later, I suppose. We don't want people to wait on us," she said as she ascended the stair with me at her side. As we went down the stairs, the crowd was clapping as they congratulate us. I can't believe that Alina has a lot of relatives and they did not seem that old.

"Congratulations, honey," a woman like my mum's age if she would be alive, was kissing her cheeks and Alina smiled at her.

"Thank you, auntie. May I present to you my fiancé, Kyle? Kyle, this is my Aunty Monica. She was from the island of Greeks," she said as Alina looked at me. Aunty Monica was holding her hand in front of me.

"How are you, Aunty Monica? I hope that you are well as we have troubled you to come here," I said as I was trying to be polite.

"Oh, hush dear. I am alright. I haven't seen Alina in centuries. Of course, I will come to see who is her soulmate," she said as she looked me up and down.

"Aunty! Please, spare the family from talking to me. We don't want Kyle to be overwhelmed tonight," Alina said as she was blushing tonight. She was red as a tomato.

"Oh dear, you don't know that. Maybe Kyle would love to hear about our history," Aunty Monica was making Alina even redder.

"No, that's fine. He has to be somewhere else. We'll talk to you later, bye," Alina said as she pulled me before Aunty Monica can reply to anything that Alina just said.

"Ugh, that was close," she said as she was moving from her aunt.

"What was that?" I asked her.

"What's what?" She replied.

"That! You don't like what Aunty Monica said about your family. Why, is there any secret?" I joked with her. She rolled her eyes before taking my hands again.