Chapter 4 A flower

I woke up before Maki and Monika did-well-at least I thought I did.

When I got in the kitchen, I saw Maki drinking water. She looked at me before looking down.

"...Sorry I came in here without your permission."

"It's fine, Maki! You can always get a glass of water whenever you want."

Maki stiffens her face before slowly nodding.

"...Well...alright, if you say so...can I watch Pokemon? I sorta like it."

I laugh a little.

"Sure you can! After all, Pokemon IS amazing!"

"...Yeah."

Maki nods and goes in the living room. She already knew how to use the remote so I let her be.

I then ate some more yogurt. Monika rushed in the room.

"Maddie! Oh-thank goodness, I didn't know where you were! Next time, TELL ME you were coming in here!"

I sighed a little.

"Sorry Monika, I'll make sure to do that next time."

Monika nods.

"Thanks! I would appreciate that!"

I nod as I go to the fridge and hand her a yogurt.

"Here ya go."

"Awww! Thanks Maddie!"

Monika grabs it and grabs a spoon, then begins eating. I sighed and finish eating my yogurt. Maki enters the kitchen and I look at her.

"Hungry?"

She says nothing, but she takes an apple and returns to the living room. Monika scratches her chin.

"Wonder why she's like that."

"Just don't annoy her, Monika. She'll warm up eventually."

Monika smiles and nods at me

"Ok Maddie!"

After We finished our food, I went to the living room and Monika asked if she could go outside for some fresh air. I nodded at her, Maki got up to join her. Out of me being the only one in the house, I decided to go outside as well.

We went to the backyard.

Maki touched one of the leaves on the tree.

"Huh...this...this is...this feels different...very...fresh."

I laugh a little and turn to Monika-who was playing with leaves.

"Ahaha!!! This is so much fun!"

I laugh a little. I decided to join Monika. Monika turned to me with a beaming smile.

"MADDIE!!!! This is so amazing! No wonder children from your world LOVE doing this!"

I nod.

"Yep! I remember that I used to make leaf piles and get mad at someone Everytime they tried to come and jump in it though-I was a clean freak as a kid."

"Really?"

I nod.

"Yep!"

Monika laughs a little as we play more in the leaves.

"This is really fun, Maddie!"

"I'm glad your enjoying yourself, Moni-"

"Ender! Monika!"

Maki called us over. We both walked over. Make was bent over and holding a vine.

"Ow-ow-ow!!! Let me go! Let me go! Right now!!!"

"No-Monika, Ender, I found a talking Flowey."

"A talking-FLOWEY?!"

I shouted out. Yep, it was what I thought, it was Flowey. Flowey scoffed and turned away.

"Can you let go of me?! And how did you know my name?!"

"...Would you believe me if I told you your a video game character?-"

"Yeah."

Flowey answered. I laughed a little as Maki and Monika looked confused.

"Should've known...well, your in my world now-"

"So I'm not in a game no more?"

"Yep! Ahah..."

Flowey rolled his eyes.

"Fine then. Though why am I here?"

"Well-...I don't know. Maki and Monika here are also from video games and I still don't know why they're here"

Flowey sighs.

"Fine. Can I leave now?"

Flowey had an agitated smile. I shook my head.

"Well, I would prefer it if you stayed here until-wait, Maki, how did you find him?"

I asked. Flowey looked down with an irratated look as Maki death glared him.

"He tried to kill me. I would've killed him if it wasn't that he ducked. However, I managed to grab him and then I called you over."

"How come we didn't hear?"

Maki shrugs.

"Maybe because you two were having too much fun and were making too much noise to hear."

Monika sighs with guilt.

"Alright..."

Flowey looked at me.

"Soo...you know whats going on here, right?"

"Yeah...I do..."

Man, Flowey's voice sounds almost exactly what I imagined it to sound like!

"And as I was saying, I would prefer it if you stayed here until we know how to help you get back."

"...."

Flowey sighs.

"Fine. But only because this'll be interesting and new, and only if I don't go anywhere near her."

Flowey looked at Maki, who showed no ounce of regret. I nod.

"Ok...I'm gonna go get a flower pot, Maki and Monika, watch him!"

They nod as I go off and find a flower pot. When I return, Flowey looks annoyed, Maki is glaring at him like a hawk and Monika is trying to start a conversation.

"So...your a talking flower?"

"Yeah."

"Thats cool....!"

"...."

I walked over and put the pot next to Flowey.

"Uhm...I don't know how to do this so could you...?"

Flowey understands and throws some dirt in. Once it's filled up, he goes inside the pot.

"There."

He states. I smile and grab the pot. I was protecting him with my life. Monika looks at me while we go inside.

"What game is he from?"

"Undertale."

"Isn't that your favorite game?"

Maki asked. I nodded.

"Yep."

Monika smiles, though she looks a little disappointed, maybe because Maki said it before she did.

We go inside and begin eating lunch. I tried to give Flowey some water but he refused and said.

"No thanks."

I said and just let it be. I wondered if Flowey even ate.

Soon enough, it was time to go to bed. I was debating on whether or not to have Flowey sleep in my room.

"I'll be fine out here. I don't want to go in your room, I'll be right here."

I nod slowly and walk into my room. I notice Maki glare at Flowey a little before I fully lost view.

I just hope nobody else comes....nobody else better come.