Chapter 6 shopping

The next day, I decided to go shopping with everyone-of course I had to give them other clothes.

I gave Monika a green shirt, a blue sweater-since it's cold, and some blue jeans. Maki wore the same thing but she took a black jacket as well.

We were forced to leave Flowey. Flowey grinned at that.

I sorta hesitated before giving Sanemi some clothes-due to the fact he's a boy and I have pretty much no boy clothes except from my brothers clothes that got too small for him-but surely it's too small for Sanemi.

It was a challenge to convince Sanemi to change clothes, but thanks to Flowey (he called him a coward and made fun of him), I was able to get him to chance his clothes.

I gave him some black sweats, along with a white t-shirt with a white sweater.

He wasn't very happy about it.

"Do I have to?!"

"Yes."

I answered. Maki shrugged.

Monika smiles at him.

"Hey, it's ok, we're wearing different clothes to!"

"Yeah but your clothes weren't a special uniform-"

"Hey! It needed to be washed! I can't have you wearing a dirty uniform!"

I told him. Sanemi rolled his eyes.

"Hmph."

"Stop complaining."

Maki said strictly. Sanemi grumbles a little but doesn't respond. I sigh and look at Flowey.

"Watch the house for us Flowey."

Flowey nods and just stays there.

We all got in the car. Monika sat up in the second front seat, Maki and Sanemi sat in the back. Sanemi was obviously uncomfortable about this. Maki noticed and elbowed him.

Sanemi looked at Maki in confusion.

"Stop being unsure. I can confirm that it's safe-so can Monika, and maybe Flowey, so can you stop doubting already?"

Sanemi doesn't answer, but looks out the window as we drive.

Monika looked at me.

"Hey Maddie?"

"Yeah?"

"...Can we listen to music? Like how we did on the way to our da-hangout? You know? How you gave me some earplugs and-"

"Sure! What song?"

"I like the song 'Love story' by Taylor Swift, can we listen to it?"

"Sure thing Moni!"

I hadn't realized I gave her a nickname, but she brightened by it. I grabbed my phone and started playing the song.

Maki turned to my phone as she heard the song.

We were both young when I first saw you

I close my eyes, and the flashback starts

I'm standing there on a balcony in the summer air

Sanemi had never heard music before-or-at least not like this. He was interested and began listening to, but his head was still facing the window and his hand was on the side of his head.

See the lights, see the party, the ball gowns

See you make your way through the crowd

And say hello