Chapter 31 Christmas celebration

Ender's POV

"Jingle bells! Jingle bells! Jingle all the way! Oh what fun it is to ride on a one horse open sleigh!!!!"

I heard Monika sing as she walked to the table in the living room and placed 8 hot chocolates on it. I laughed a little. She was wearing a red with white fluff christmas dress that I bought for her.

She was very excited, she was probably excited because this would be her first christmas inside the real world.

Sanemi tilted his head. He was putting up the christmas tree and seemed to barely finish.

"Why are you singing?"

"To get in the Christmas spirit, of course!"

Monika answered gleefully. Sanemi sighed.

"...Whatever."

Monika smiled lightly and then ran out of the room-probably getting Isabelle and Villager.

He looked away and Maki nodded. She was on a ladder, putting up lights.

"Some people just feel like singing, Sanemi."

Shuichi was helping Maki put up the lights around the house.

I sighed and looked at Aether, who was making a paper snowflake.

"And then....there! Look!"

Aether held out his snowflake. Believe it or not, it looked pretty decent for someone who just tried it.

"That looks good, Aether!"

Aether smiles and looks at his artwork.

"Thanks Ender!"

I smiled and felt a tap on my shoulder and turned to see Monika.

"Hey...Maddie, so, Villager and Isabelle wanna decorate the tree...is that ok?"

I nod at them.

"Sure it is! No need to ask for my permission on that one!"

"Yeah...it's just that...they..they decorated Flowey's pot to..."

"...with what?"

"...with some christmas tree stickers."

I smiled a little bit, I found it sorta funny.

"...I'll get him a new pot later."

Monika nods and walks away.

"Villager!!! Isabelle! We can decorate the tree-wait-where's the Christmas tree decorations?"

"In the hallway closet. You can't miss them."

Monika nods and dashes off to the closet. I sigh and look back at Aether, he was now on his 2nd paper snowflake.

I'm honestly glad he got into making paper snowflakes so fast. I wouldn't know how to keep him interested.

Monika entered the room with Isabelle and Villager with a box of ornaments.

"Alright you two, you guys can decorate the tree however you like!"

Both Isabelle and Villager nodded excitedly and grabbed ornaments. They began looking around the tree, as if trying to find the perfect spot for these ornaments.

Sanemi looked around. He seemed confused.

"Whats so special about Christmas anyways?"

He asked. Monika looked at him.

"Oh! Well, according to my knowledge, Christmas day is the day Jesus was born into the world, right?"

Monika looked at me, as if wanting to confirm it. I smiled and nodded.