Chapter 22 Continuing the lessons

It was now the next day. I was now going to continue Sanemi, Maki, Isabelle and Villagers lessons.

I let Monika and Flowey play Pokemon while we were at this to.

I sat down on the floor with Villager, Isabelle, Sanemi and Maki.

I gave Villager and Isabelle a book that would be harder to read. It was called 'The very busy spider'

"You know what to do, right?"

Both Isabelle and Villager nodded and they began looking at it, trying to read it.

I looked back at Sanemi and Maki. I gave them each a pencil.

"Alright! Now that you know almost everything about words, I'm going to teach you how to write in english, ok?"

Maki nodded and Sanemi hesitated for a couple seconds.

"Alright."

"..."

Sanemi drifted his eyes away.

I handed Sanemi and Maki a pen. I then showed a sentence. It said 'Tom is a fisher'.

"Alright, I want you two to copy what this says, ok?"

Maki nodded and began trying to write it. Sanemi just stared at the sentence, then at the paper, unsure what to do.

I sighed and grabbed his hand. Sanemi flinched at the sudden touch, but allowed me to write with me controlling his hand and having him feel the movement of how to write.

Once I did it three times, I let go.

"Alright, your turn to try."

Sanemi nodded and concentrated. He then began writing the sentence...he didn't have good handwriting yet, but I could still tell what it said. I smiled and patted him.

"Good job, Sanemi! Not bad for someone who just started writing!"

Sanemi gave a more concentrated look and repeated the writing.

I looked at Maki. Maki's handwriting was pretty good and was doing well.

She looked up at me.

"Am I...am I doing this ok, Maddie?"

I nodded.

"Yep! Keep up the good work, Maki!"

Maki gave a little smile at me and nodded, she looked back at her piece of paper.

I walked towards Villager and Isabelle, who were taking turns reading.

"Meow...said the cat, want to...t...take a nap?"

"The spider....d...didn't answer. She was very busy...spinning....her web."

Villager said the last sentence. I smiled at them and returned to Sanemi.

He looked like he was having an easier time-not so much easier, but an easier time than before.

I smiled at that. He had written the sentence four times now.

I look back over to Maki, she had written it 6 times now.

After 20 minutes, I decided that it was all for today. I walked out and saw Monika playing Pokemon.

"Maddie! I defeated the gym leader!"

"Great job!"