Chapter 5

It was now the next day and mine and Raksha's first date

It was now the next day and mine and Raksha's first date. I was nervous. So nervous but I wanted it to be perfect. When I woke up I went on the hunt looking for T'Challa needing help.

"Brother" I say getting his attention.

"Good morning Shuri" he says.

"Good morning. Are you busy today?" I asked.

"Not really. Why?" He asked.

"Can you help me get everything ready for my date tonight?" I asked shyly.

"Date?" He asked.

"Yeah. I..I uh asked Raksha on a date tonight." I playing with my fingers. I look up and see him smirking.

"What do you need my assistance with?" He asked.

"Follow me!" I say grabbing his hand and dragging him and putting him to work.

It took all day to get everything ready for this surprise. When we were finished, we stepped back and looked at it.

"Think she will like it?" I asked him.

"Sister, I think she is going to love it. It is coming from you and that will be more than enough for her." He says.

"I just want it to be perfect. She has been through so much and I just want to make her happy." I confess.

"Trust me you do. That girl is crazy about you." T'Challa says.

"Yeah?" I say in more of a question form.

"Shuri, she literally asked for mine and mothers blessings to pursue a relationship with you. Do you really think she would do that if she wasn't interested? Plus do you think any other person would come and talk to me and mother for permission to date you? She respects you and what's important to you by going to the most cherished people in your life wanting to make sure it was okay. She is crazy about you sister. Love is a powerful thing. Hold onto it and never let go." He says.

I look over at him and decide to push a little. "Do you miss her?" I ask referring to Nakia

"Everyday. But this was not the life she wanted and I couldn't ask her to be unhappy for my own happiness." He says.

"Do you think I should ask Raksha what she wants?" I ask him.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"T'Challa, I am a princess. What if she doesn't want this kind of royal life style?" I asked.

"And what if she does. You never know until you have those hard conversations. My only advice is to find out sooner or later what you both want and if those wants line up with each other." He says.

I take in ever word he is saying. I really hope this is something Raksha wants. I don't know how I will feel if she doesn't. After talking for a little bit longer, I sent a text to Raksha and told her to dress in the pajama set that I gave her.