Chapter 16

Time skip one year

Time skip one year

Ever since Steve left, dad stopped talking to me too. Why? Couldn't tell you. I pushed those feelings down and started focusing on the important things. My relationship with Shuri was getting stronger and my place within Wakanda was growing.

I loved it here.

In addition to that, I visited the only two members outside of Wakanda I considered family. That was my Uncle Sammy and Uncle Clint. The last time I met Uncle Clint it was interesting to say the least.

I ended up meeting Kate Bishop, as well as getting a connection to find my Aunt Yelena. I told Shuri I was gonna take a months time to go find her and I did. I am really glad I went to find her.

Flashback

After days of searching, I finally got a lead for Yelena in Budapest. This was a weird place but I trusted the source. I had my gun tucked into the back of my jeans ready to pull out at anytime.

I knocked on the door and didn't get a response. However, I noticed it was cracked. Against better judgement I pushed it open and made my way in. I was checking around every corner until I walked into the main section of the house and came face to face with who I assume is Yelena with a gun pointed at me.

"Are you Yelena?" I asked.

"Who's asking?" She says in a thick accent.

"Clint Barton and Kate Bishop gave me a lead to find you." I say calming as we circle each other with guns still pointed up.

"Why are you looking for me?" She asks.

"It appears as you knew my mother very well." I state.

"I have met a lot of woman. Be more specific."

"Natalia Romanova" I say using my Russia accent now to add to my point.

"She couldn't have kids. Start talking before I shot."

"HYDRA took her egg after the ceremony, along with my fathers DNA to try and and create the perfect soldier. Hence how I am standing here." I state.

"You work for HYDRA?" She asked.

"No dumbass. I was created there but got out with my father and got the rehabilitation I needed. You are the only connection I have left to my mother other than Uncle Clint." I say putting my gun down first.

She kept looking at me then slowly put hers away.

"You look very similar to her" Yelena says.

"Thanks. I am assuming you were a widow too?" I asked.

"Yep until your mother got me out along with the others." She said.

"I wasn't in the red room for more than 6 ish years I think. They took my back to HYDRA to be trained under the winter soldier aka one of my dads." I say walking over grabbing the vodka pouring me some.

Probably should've asked but oh well.

"One of your dads?" She asks confused.

"Yep." I say downing the shot. "HYDRA took the DNA of Bucky Barnes and Steve Rogers and put it together with moms egg to manipulate the genetic makeup to make a powerful soldier." I say sitting across from her now.

"That's crazy." She says leaning back.

"Fucking tell me about it. Plus other than Uncle Clint and Uncle Sammy, I needed to met the last family member I had out there." I state.

"Where are your dads?" She asked me.

"Bucky, doesn't talk to me anymore because Steve went back in time leaving us here. So Bucky doesn't want anything to do with me. So like I said, you were the only person I needed to find to have a connection with to mom." I say.

"You call her mom but the others by their names. I am to assume you had a good relationship with her?"

"The little bit of time that I knew her yes. She made me feel wanted. She talked about how she always wanted kids and now she left like she had a real chance with me even though I was a teenager, but we made the best out of a bad situation. She was the one I went to to talk about girl things. She was the first person I told when I was in love with my girlfriend. When we had missions together, she stitched me up then we laid in bed cuddling and talking all night even though we should have been sleeping. I miss her more than anything." I say trying not to tear up.

"Were you blipped?" She asked.

"Yep. Then I come back and uncle Clint and the team tell me she sacrificed herself for the stone. I was so angry at her but at the same time, I knew where her heart was in it. You know? People like us get out of the red room or hydra and try to clean our ledgers. She felt hers was going to be better now since she did everything she could and gave her life for others happiness. So I always sit and tell myself how could I be mad at someone who had that much care for others. She could've just pushed Uncle Clint off, but instead she saved him because he had a wife and kids to get to. But still in the end she left her daughter and her sister behind without a goodbye."  I say.

"Yeah I get that. When I came back I was very confused. I visited her grave and was told Clint was the one who killed her. I wasn't given the whole story so I hunted him down and about killed him until he let out mine and Nat's signature whistle."

I looked at her with a smile *whistle*

She looks over at me with wide eyes and finishes the rest.

"She told you?" Yelena asked.

"Yes. I didn't know you were still alive though. Mom was pretty open about some things but others she wasn't. And I get that."

The rest of the time together we talked and she told me stories about my mom from her childhood. It was nice having that connection.

Flashback over.

After that day, Aunt Yelena is always a text or call away when I need her.