Positive

I picked up the box and the test fell out

I picked up the box and the test fell out. Two pink lines, she's pregnant. She came to my office to tell me that she's pregnant. And I told her she needed to go back home. I could see the hurt in her eyes but I didn't ask or care. My focus was making sure my shipment of guns and money came in from Italy and the board members approving the budget to renovate our new club.

I've never wanted children and I don't want to share Mia. I want her world to start and end with me. I don't want a child coming in between us. I have too much going on and a child would complicate that.

Instantly, my thoughts went to my father. He always said, "La famiglia è la cosa più importante, figliolo. Senza famiglia non hai niente." Family is the most important thing, son. Without family you have nothing. At that moment, I realized I'm being selfish. I want Mia in my life forever and I want our child.

After my shower, I walked towards the room Mia is sleeping in. I want to talk to her, hug her, tell her I'm excited to become a dad but I can't bring myself to knock on the door. I hear her sniffling and it's heartbreaking. I waited by the door until she stopped crying then I walked into our room.

I put my hand out in my sleep and all I felt was a cold bed. Mia loves to snuggle under me. I'll kiss her lips then wrap my arm around her back. Being in bed alone feels wrong.

Staying in this house is no longer an option

Staying in this house is no longer an option. If I have to leave with only the clothes I have on and my wallet, so be it. Trying to wait until Alexander fell asleep to leave was pointless. It's 3 a.m. and he hasn't gone to sleep yet. I can hear him pacing up and down the hallway. I'm so tired, I can't stay up much longer.

I wake up with a headache, crying yourself to sleep is for the birds. My whole life is spiraling and all I can think about is Alex. I love him and I'm afraid to hurt him. But he seems okay hurting me. 

Alexander goes to work around seven or eight in the morning and doesn't come home until after 6 p.m. I'll eat breakfast, finish packing then leave. The house is silent as I open the door. I walk into our room and of course Alex is gone. I go into the closet and grab the suitcase I packed yesterday.

I need to get out of this house. I  want to leave New York and visit Tyra. I carry my suitcase downstairs then go into the kitchen.

"Good morning ma'am, what would you like for breakfast today." Ms. Mildred has become a second mom to me. We spent time together and she taught me how to make a few of Alexander's favorite recipes.

"I'll just have bacon and toast. And please call me Mia." I try to push out a smile but my mind won't let me.

"Ms. Mia, are you going somewhere, you've packed your bags?" My eyes immediately fill with tears. She places her hand on my shoulder.

"Yes, I'm going back to Houston for a while." I replied, trying to stop the tears from falling.

Just then a large shadow came into the room and stood over me. "You're going where?" Alexander practically yelled at me.

"First, don't yell at me. Second, What are you doing here? Shouldn't you be at work?"

"I live here. I decided to take off today." He said as he sat down next to me. I turned my face so I could look at him. Our eyes connected and of course I started crying again. He kissed my lips then wiped my tears away.

"Mildred, can we have a moment?" She shook her head and walked out of the kitchen towards the sunroom.

"Mia, I'm sorry and I love you." My heart fluttered. I knew Alexander loved me, but he has never said it before. "e amo chiunque sia lì dentro." My eyes shifted to his again as he placed his hand on my stomach.

I gave him a confused look.

"You're terrible at hiding things." I smirked because he was correct. "I have something planned for us today, if you want to go with me."  

"Okay, " I said while looking down and picking up a slice of bacon to eat. Alexander sat next to me. 

"Mia, my intention isn't to hurt you or scare you. I've been this person so long, but I want to be a better person. I've been quite selfish more than I care to admit, I've known you've needed me at times. You rearranged your entire life. The least I can do is make sure I'm home for dinner. I'm not perfect, but I'm gonna be that for you." 

"Show me, Alex. Show me that I mean as much to you as you do to me." 

Vote 💜 Please