Slip up

Mia moved here two months ago

Mia moved here two months ago. Everything was fine until she got stir crazy. My main concern when she leaves the house is safety. She's lived a normal life, I don't want to expose her to mine. Apparently staying in a 20,000 square foot mansion is stifling, so soon I'll have no choice.  

The boss of the Sicilian Mafia finally told his illiterate thugs to get off my territory. That's one less problem I have to worry about. Last month I bought a new club and restaurant. I'm hoping that if I give Mia control of the restaurant that'll give her something to do.

"Boss, we have an issue on our hands." Luca practically ran into my office. "Someone tried to set Ace's on fire. We were able to contain it. The fire department said it was electrical, but when we looked at the security cameras two people intentionally set the fire. How should we proceed? It doesn't look like the Sicilian Mafia, maybe a different group. Also we have a shipment coming from Italy today, so I'll deal with that."

Se non è una cosa è un'altra. If it's not one thing, it's another. 

"Just deal with it Luca, contact Josh. He's been put in charge of Ace's since Emilio's untimely demise. Have the security video sent to my office. I'll be in contact by 7:00 p.m."

"Mr. Marino, someone is here to see you. Also you have a board meeting starting in thirty minutes." Janice was my dad's secretary and now she is mine. I trust her with my life.

"Thank you. Go ahead and send the person in and call the board to make sure everyone will be in attendance today. If not, tell them they're dead."

"Mr. Marino, don't make me call your mom." Janice laughed out.

"Hey, Alexander."

"Kami, what the fuck do you want? How many times do I have to tell you to leave me the hell alone." This is the wrong day to piss me off.

"Trust me, I wouldn't come here unless it was an emergency."

"I'm going to give you ten seconds to get out of my office or it will be an emergency." The most I can do is have Ms. Janice hit her legs with the spatula she keeps in her desk, but Kami doesn't know that. Thankfully she walked out of my office.

"Mr. Marino, you have another visitor and your meeting now starts in ten minutes." It hasn't been five minutes since Kami left. I wonder who I owe the pleasure to.

"Janice, it better be Jesus."

"No, it's me." Mia walked into my office. She instantly put a smile on my face. I wonder what she's doing here.

"Didn't I say it's important for you to stay home. I want to keep you safe."

"I have something to tell you and safe from what? " I could tell she was annoyed. 

The world around us was about to shatter, but Mia wouldn't be in the dark any more. I won't have to hide things from her and she'll understand why she needs to stay home.